Converting monsters from Tales From The Infinite Staircase

Cleon

Legend
Well, that's pretty complete! Are skills and feats all that's left?

Looks that way!

How about being uncreative and going with Cleave, Iron Will (B), Lightning Reflexes (B), Point Blank Shot, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (longsword), Weapon Specialization (longsword) for the feats?

Any preferences skill wise?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Those feats are fine.

No skills with armor check penalty.... Maybe 9 ranks in Intimidate and 6 points each cross-class in Listen, Spot, and Search?

Cleon

Legend
Those feats are fine.

No skills with armor check penalty.... Maybe 9 ranks in Intimidate and 6 points each cross-class in Listen, Spot, and Search?

With their Wisdom 6 that'd only give them +1 in Listen and Spot.

I think we need to put enough ranks in Climb to at least match the Climb +1 we gave the rank-and-file Kamerel. How are they supposed to "drive" their comrades if they can't climb up alongside or behind them?

So how about 6 ranks each in Climb, Listen, and Search?

I have a feeling a kamerel would tend to favour Listen over Spot for noticing approaching creatures, since they hate to see other creatures.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Given the library and the fact that they developed a whole different type of magic, I think I'd go with wizard. Do you agree?

Cleon

Legend
Given the library and the fact that they developed a whole different type of magic, I think I'd go with wizard. Do you agree?

That'd be my preference, yes.

Now did I do a Homebrew Kamerel Mage we can use for the basics?

Let me check...

No, I only posted Homebrews for the Kamerel warrior classes.

I've got notes for a Kamerel spellcaster Driver, but it's a sorcerer, so we might as well start this Working Draft from scratch.

Remove ads