D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

Cleon

Legend
I'll agree to no more special abilities. I guess I'll go for the slam on attack, but we can make it secondary. I take it you feel Skill Focus is redundant now?

No, I was thinking of leaving it with Skill Focus, maybe in a Craft skill so it gets a not-so-shabby +10 modifier once it includes its tool bonus.

These droids are basically designed for service skills, so I'm not sure what other sort of Feat they'd likely have.

Cleon

Legend
I'll agree to no more special abilities. I guess I'll go for the slam on attack, but we can make it secondary.

So are we still going for a secondary slam for its attack?

Should it have 2 slams when full attacking - one for each arm?

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I am happy with a secondary slam. 2 slams in full attack would make sense, but not all 2-armed critters get 2. For example, the astral deva. I guess I'd stick with 1 slam during a full attack. These aren't combat-oriented.

Cleon

Legend
I am happy with a secondary slam. 2 slams in full attack would make sense, but not all 2-armed critters get 2. For example, the astral deva. I guess I'd stick with 1 slam during a full attack. These aren't combat-oriented.

Making it a secondary attack would be enough of a "not combat-oriented" step for me, so I'd be happy giving them two slams on a Full Attack.

Then again, the original droid didn't have any attacks at all, so even one slam is better than that!

So we're both agreeable to a single slam attack.

Updating Servitor Droid Working Draft.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Yes, we can "de-red" the stats.

Tactics: Servitor droids avoid combat except as a last line of defense for themselves or their masters.

Cleon

Legend
Yes, we can "de-red" the stats.

Okie-Dokie.

Updating Servitor Droid Working Draft.

Tactics: Servitor droids avoid combat except as a last line of defense for themselves or their masters.

I'd go for something a bit more elaborate, like the following. Some of it might better belong in the background info section rather than tactics, though.

Servitor droids have built-in safety codes that prevent them from attacking any member of the race or species that created them, as well as any being the droids' creators intended them to recognize as an "owner race". For example, a servitor built by spacefaring elves might refuse to attack an elf or any living creature that is even vaguely elf-shaped, including most humanoids and fey.

These safety codes mean servitor droids are normally incapable of combat, even in self defense, unless they recognizes their opponent as not being a "creator" or "owner". Unscrupulous masters occasionally reprogam servitor droids to fight, but their safety codes usually still prevent them from injuring members of the "creator race".

However, servitor droids that were built by alien beings may not recognize standard humanoids as being sapients, let alone "owners", in which case they would have no safety codes against attacking them. Such alien servitor droids would treat a dwarf or human no differently to how it would treat a wild animal.

Even within these restrictions, a servitor droid will only fight to defend its master or a "creator". If something attacks the droid itself, the machine tries to avoid the threat unless its orders specify otherwise (e.g. if it was forbidden from leaving its post, or instructed to kill or capture any "wild animals" that intrude upon the premises).

Servitor droids are not well suited for combat. Their blows are inaccurate and weak, and most are armed only with their fists and whatever household tools they use for their servant duties. They fight using whatever tactics their master instructed them to. Despite these failings, they are fearless and implacable, continuing to fight until they are destroyed, immobilized, or their instructions change.

Remove ads