D&D 3E/3.5 Converting monsters from Mayfair Games Role Aids product line

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
Wis damage on the touch is good. And reducing the amount might help, also (and would solidify CR 5 vs 6). What about 1d4?

That org makes sense, given that they animate dead.

Cleon

Legend
Besides, we've still got the fear effect to do:

Mayfair said:
Foregathering Spirits are a form of undead which appear as a swirling yellow mist about the size of a man. When looking at the mist, each individual sees a vision that is so horrible, it cannot be described. The creature actually takes on the appearance of the character’s greatest fears.

If any characters encounter a Foregathering Spirit, they must immediately save vs. spells or be affected by the equivalent of a Fear spell. The affected character will flee as far and fast as possible for 2-5 rounds.

Looks like a pretty standard fear effect.

Frightful Presence (Su): Any living creature that sees a foregathering spirit within 60 feet must succeed on a DC 16 Will save or become frightened for 1d4+1 rounds. An opponent that succeeds on the saving throw is immune to that spirit's frightful presence for 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

I'll Update the working draft with that and a first draft of flavour & tactics.

freyar

Shouldn't it be a fear aura instead? Frightful presence usually requires some action to trigger it (like attacking; see dragons).

Fear Aura (Su): Foregathering spirits are surrounded by a X-foot-radius fear aura. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC X Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell (caster levelX). A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same foregathering spirit’s aura for 24 hours. Other foregathering spirits are immune to the aura. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Cleon

Legend
Shouldn't it be a fear aura instead? Frightful presence usually requires some action to trigger it (like attacking; see dragons).

Fear Aura (Su): Foregathering spirits are surrounded by a X-foot-radius fear aura. Affected creatures must succeed on a DC X Will save or be affected as though by a fear spell (caster levelX). A creature that successfully saves cannot be affected again by the same foregathering spirit’s aura for 24 hours. Other foregathering spirits are immune to the aura. The save DC is Charisma-based.

If the name bothers you I'd just swap the previous "Frightful Presence" for "Fear Aura".

Fear Aura (Su): Any living creature that sees a foregathering spirit within 60 feet must succeed on a DC 16 Will save or become frightened for 1d4+1 rounds. An opponent that succeeds on the saving throw is immune to that spirit's frightful presence for 24 hours. This is a mind-affecting fear effect. The save DC is Charisma-based.

freyar

d2s are always fun, but I have to roll a d4. Tell you what, if a 1-2 comes up, we'll use the version from my post, but we'll use the version from yours with a 3-4. Here goes:

Remove ads