• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Compel Duel

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
Did a5e keep the compel duel spell? I couldn't see it in the spell lists or combat maneuvers. I know a lot of people think it too CRPG but i like giving it to the heroic antagonist or their body guards. "At the knights words the PC feels self loathing and shame as they turn away from the honourable warrior to attack the elderly wizard" kinda thing.

from a quick check i did find this maneuver on page 483:
Gaze Of Conviction (2 points)
2nd degree Tempered Iron bonus action
You lock eyes with an opponent with a fury so potent that it cannot be ignored. You stare down a creature you can see within 30 feet, and if it can see you it makes a Wisdom saving throw. On a failure, the creature is compelled to attack you. On its turn the creature moves towards you and makes as many attacks against you as it can. The effects of this maneuver end when you attack a different creature or the creature is unable to attack you.
there might be something that more closely aligns with compelled duel but otherwise here you go

Remove ads