• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ask and ye shall receive...maybe

<IC>
Good day all. My name is Urbek and I am a 12th level Psion (Psychokinecist) and along with myself and my fellow adventurers, we took a mission in Sigil to take on some group of very high level demons and defeat them. We succeeded in our mission and three of us got out alive and back to Sigil to R&R. We decided as a group to request council with our benefactor and it was granted. So we travelled to the Abyss and met up with Orcus. (gulp!) We explained why we wished to seek him out and we negotiated reward and to serve Orcus in some aspect. He said that if we were to serve him, we would not live long enough in our current form to be of any good to him so he offered to allow us to change form into either Undead or some form of Demon (of our choosing). Well, as players, we got all googlie and started dreaming big. Which leads to my dilemna.
</IC>

<OOC>
The DM has given us the opportunity to become a CR16 character using whatever template we want to apply, undead or demon, and adjust our current levels accordingly. But here is the catch, if we do this, our campaign timeline fast forwards 600+ years, so our travels in Greyhawk (non-canon) will only be memory and we will most likely be stuck doing our own thing until called upon to server Orcus. Well, this puts a kink in our interest in playing hte the Greyhawk campaign. We want to stay and do our thing, so taking this offer would cause problems. Oh, I forgot to mention: Some folks in greyhawk seems ot be a bit preturbed by the fact that we have firebombed several places of worship for Hieroneous, Pelor, and other goody-goodie gods. Such small minded people.
</OOC>

I ask you, my fellow adventurers, what you would do if you were standing in front of the demon Prince himself and was asked what you wanted more than anything else in the multiverse...

What would you ask for?

QuaziquestGM

First Post
A bacon lettuce and tomato sandwitch on white with mayo and a tall glass of iced lemonaide, this months Reader's Digest, and a ticket on the next planeshift home.

Our group consists of Evil alignments or tend to act with Evil intent. As a whole, we tend to migrate towards wanting more power and are quite greedy. But, we have made quite a few enemies out of very powerful beings.

We aren't in a very good position to take out a Demon Prince, let alone Orcus and that is not our intent and I'm not leaving empty handed, but may die in the process.

Ilium

First Post
If it were me, I'd go for something with a small LA (Necropolitan, perhaps) and grab those extra class levels.

The 600 years for your enemies to either die off or forget about you is just a bonus! :)

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
I would haggle with the demon, and try my luck with my bluff checks. I would probably tell Orcus that I am convinced I could get a better deal from Demogorgon or Grazzt.

I would also lean towards immortality via an item or artifact rather than undead or demon. If I had to choose only between those two though, I would go with Demon. Less chance of being turned or rebuked.

END COMMUNICATION

Ilium said:
If it were me, I'd go for something with a small LA (Necropolitan, perhaps) and grab those extra class levels.:
This is an option I considered personally, but the idea of being turned or rebuked...turns my stomach. I was considering Evolved Lich which woudh drop me one level (that I just achieved) since I'm considered a spell caster.

Ilium said:
The 600 years for your enemies to either die off or forget about you is just a bonus! :)
Precisely, but Greyhawk would cease to exist and we would like to continue our campaign there.

Lord Zardoz said:
I would haggle with the demon, and try my luck with my bluff checks. I would probably tell Orcus that I am convinced I could get a better deal from Demogorgon or Grazzt.
Oh so dangerous ground. We might end up as black bubbly substance on the rocky floor if we were to go that route.

Lord Zardoz said:
I would also lean towards immortality via an item or artifact rather than undead or demon.
I like the articfact or item angle...makes more sense to me.

Demogorgon

First Post
Well, we'd probably offer you a slightly better deal, if you negotiate well enough... But probably not. We'd probably keep the barest semblance of the agreement and turn you into a Demonic Plant:

http://dev.unicornrampant.com/blog/?cat=194

But 600 Years? Maybe your DM is who you really need to negotiate with - sounds like he is fundamentally against the bargain/transformation. Might be fun though!

How about an Advanced Demonic Auto? That's also CR 16! Hey- they might be driving cars around the city of Greyhawk in 600 years, you never know!

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20modern/article/20030506b

Last edited:

Ze

First Post
Scuba said:
Precisely, but Greyhawk would cease to exist and we would like to continue our campaign there.

I would not miss the chance to fast forward 600 years, and learn what happened in our absence. Then, after gaining demonic powers, I would look for a way back in time, richer with my glance at the future AND my brand new demon template. ;)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Don't go demon.. since then certain benefitual spells would cease to function on your group (such as resurrect and raise dead). I'll ask orcus give you command over a demonic legion of doom and access to several 2nd Edition Chronomancy spells so that you could time travel into the past and go Terminator on your enemies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads