• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Armored Corset (GPG 04)

Jacob Vardy

Explorer
In the otherwise great Well-Equiped article the armoured corset is described as being like a breastplate plate but imposing disadvantage on acrobatics checks rather than stealth checks. I know i am being pedantic but corsets are not particularly restrictive or uncomfortable. This is a personal bête noire, like boob plate. I've no idea why i get irrationally annoyed by it.

Here is a foursome of fashion historians and cosplayers who make the point in depth.
A good corset should already count as light armour. Whale bone corsets will keep out some slashing attacks. A steel bone corset will keep out some piercing attacks. Jill Bearup did some experiments (but i'm not going to link her videos till she walks back her TERF comments). The main problem is that a corset doesn't cover enough of the torso. But magic solves that. As in the article.

And the article really was great. A lot of the fashion items in the past have left players slightly underwhelmed. I think these ones will have a slight more general use.

Remove ads