• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

AI is stealing writers’ words and jobs…

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Feel free to provide some stats on that, because anything I've seen for the last 20 years says otherwise.
The sooner the better. Any day now the future of the human species will improve dramatically.

But this thread is about corporations using AI to steal people’s jobs.

Scribe

Legend
That’s one of the many things he was dead wrong about. People are always better off without chains. Even ones they’re used to and maybe like.
The sooner the better. Any day now the future of the human species will improve dramatically.

Problem is, someone is always, always, going to step in to fill that void, and you dont have to look very far to see what has replaced it, and its not great. ;)

Feel free to provide some stats on that, because anything I've seen for the last 20 years says otherwise.

2.4 billions Christians, 1.9 billion Muslims, 1.2 billion Hindus, half a billion roughly each of both Buddhists and Folk religions. Millions of other religions, Jews, Druze, Jains, Sikhs, Taoists, Shinto, and more. Even Wiccan by some estimates might be over a million by now.

In comparison 500 to 750 million Athiests and Agnostics (Agnostics should really only count as half), and that's with history of campaigns of religious suppression by Communist regimes.

And religious folks tend to have bigger families.

So no, religion is not collapsing, even if the numbers of Athiests and Agnostic get bigger, so do the numbers of other religions, in some cases at a faster rate. Plus 6 or 7 billion religious people are some seriously big numbers to convert to Athiesm.

Scribe

Legend
2.4 billions Christians, 1.9 billion Muslims, 1.2 billion Hindus, half a billion roughly each of both Buddhists and Folk religions. Millions of other religions, Jews, Druze, Jains, Sikhs, Taoists, Shinto, and more. Even Wiccan by some estimates might be over a million by now.

In comparison 500 to 750 million Athiests and Agnostics (Agnostics should really only count as half), and that's with history of campaigns of religious suppression by Communist regimes.

And religious folks tend to have bigger families.

So no, religion is not collapsing, even if the numbers of Athiests and Agnostic get bigger, so do the numbers of other religions, in some cases at a faster rate. Plus 6 or 7 billion religious people are some seriously big numbers to convert to Athiesm.

Granted, world wide, I can agree that it's not going anywhere soon. I'm not sure we are allowed to discuss this though. :D

Andvari

Hero
Reminds me of Nietzsche's warning of the destructive nihilism that would follow with the collapse of religion since it props up so much of our morality.

Not sure how much I agree, but if AI ever proves it can express humanity just as good/better than humans, I'm curious if that is what breaks our collective spirits.
Human morality can do a 180 en masse given the flimsiest of excuses, whether religion is involved or not. I don't think it will take much to have a more moral AI. However, humans might subjectively deem it wrong, even if the AI is objectively moral based on the parameters given to it.

Dioltach

Legend
Religion's decline is slow and it will likely never disappear. It's also easy to conceive scenarios where an existing or a newly invented religion spreads like wildfire similar to how Christianity once did.
With AI on the rise, presumably it will be Silicon Heaven.

(As they say in Red Dwarf, it has to exist. Otherwise, where do all the calculators go?)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads