• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Update Tondrek Parcels]For 7th: One of
- n gold (7): 2600
- n+1 (8): Gadgeteer's Googles, Force Gauntlets +2
- n+3 (10): Ironwood Hound, Runic Spiked Gauntlets +2
- n+4 (11): Amulet of Protection +3, Magic Spiked Gauntlets +3

For 8th: 520gp and one of, excluding the awarded parcel above
- n gold (8): 3400
- n+1 (9): Healer's Brooch +2
- n+3 (11): Amulet of Protection +3, Magic Spiked Gauntlets +3
- n+4 (12): Deep Pocket Coat +3, Dragonborn Greaves

Note that the googles & the Deep Pocket Coat are part of a set.[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
As so the group gathers up coins and gems. Further interspersed through he pile are several magic items, that the half-orc detected. They find the going hard, if only because there is so much stuff. Tondrek moves ahead of the group to fashion a box made of debris from an earlier room. On his way, near the crypt, the half-orc notices where was once a wall in now a room. Undoubtably, this was the treasure the skull promised.

Inside a clay pot, the half-orc discovers a sizable ruby. Further investigation reveals a strange and dusty pair of eyewear in the corner and in a small metal box a set of viscious looking spiked gauntlets.

[sblock=ooc]SG's parcels: gadgeteer's goggles, 520gp gem, and magic +3 spiked gauntlets.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Just waiting on replies from others before moving on.[/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna fashions a sack to the end of a rope to haul down the loot from the cave in the ceiling. "I forget who the most observiest of you guys are, but whichever it is grab the rope and I'll pull you up to take a look around for anything I might not notice." The unarmored fighter hoists the other party member up easily, so they can check the cave for anything hidden away.

[sblock=OOC]Yes I'll spend 6 RP (250 each at lvl6 for 1,500xp) to go to lvl 7, then the other 3 RP for more xp from there (300xp each at lvl 7 for 900xp) for a total of 11,020xp.[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Shava's Level done up a bit further]Shava had 5609. Lvl 5
Gains 2010 xp from encounters. That puts her at 7619 and 6th level.
Gains 7 rp. 6th level monster is 250 xp. 9369 xp total and 6th level.
Uses 8 DM Credits. 3 at 6th, for 250 each puts her at 10119 and 7th level.
The remaining five are worth 300 each. She is at 11619 xp.

She is due her 5th level parcel which has to be gold. Her 6th level parcel could be anything. She is just over the halfway point for 7th level, so you could give her that as well or hold off.

Ok, thats too much math for me. Did I do that right?[/sblock]

stonegod

[sblock=SC]DM Credits=RP. You just get more: A PC gets one RP per month, a DM two. So:
- Shava gains a parcel from going from 5->6th (her 5th level parcel)
- Shava gains a parcel form going from 6->5th (her 6th level parcel from 10 RP) and 1/5th of a 6th magic item in gold.
- Shava may or may not get a parcel from 7th, as you noted.
- Keep track of the other 5 RP spent on your sheet as Shava'll get another parcel the next time you spend 5 more.[/sblock]

stonegod

Tondrek oohs and aahs when he sears the items. The googles are old, seeming of Dhakaani make, but he can see certain indications of their use. Artimificing! Yay! He claps and slides them on; they require little adjustment.

The spiked gauntlets looks nasty. They are a bit oversized on him, but he manages to get them to work with a few adjustments. He flexes and giggles happily before returning to the others.

ryryguy

First Post
Roswyn cheers as the dragon breathes its last. "Hoorah! Amazing work everyone!" She gives Shava a quick hug after the half-elf returns to ground level, but then falls unusually quiet. The dragon's last words, and the strange sigils written by the insects, have clearly disturbed her.

Seeing Tondrek embrace Tamarand pulls her out of her funk. "Easy, Tondrek!" she calls, laughing. "Drow can be pretty fragile, you know!" Her spirits lift still further as the group reaches the treasure trove.

[sblock=ooc]Ok, so now I'm at work and can't look at books to figure out exactly how many RP I'll need to spend for Roswyn to make it to 7th level, but I'm going to assume that she does end up at 7th, so she will be due 2 or 3 parcels:

Level 5: (n+3 item): Belt of Vim
Level 6: (n+1 item): Phrenic Crown, Resplendent Circlet, or Circlet of Authority
Level 7: (n+2 item): Illusionist's Gloves or Boots of Striding

(So, yeah, I can't decide on the level 6 and 7 items, so feel free to choose one or just roll for it or something.)[/sblock]
[sblock=edit]Ok, so now that I can look at the numbers, I think I'll end up doing the same as Rohna, spending all 9 RP to reach level 7 with 11020 XP. So the level 7 parcel is optional I suppose.

Also, did I already get the Belt of Vim here and missed it??? If so, that was my level 5 parcel right, and I'm not missing a parcel someplace?[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

[sblock=Belt]Yes, that was your belt IIRC. Tondrek made a note about it not fitting him. :)[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Belt!]No, Shava got that belt. However, if you want it, and it sounds like you do, you can have it. There are a couple of belts down the line that Shava would rather have.

I had put it on my list simply so I would have something at level 8, but completely wasn't think that having only level 8 item at lvl 4, with my +4 and gold remaining gave me a 50% shot at getting it, making it look like I really wanted it! D'oh!

So to sum up. Since you only have one item in your 5 slot, I assume you really want it. I'd be happy to hand it over as you're level 5 parcel. That means that Shava needs:

Lvl 4 (Either a +4 or gold)
Lvl 5 (Either a +4 or gold)
Lvl 6 (Any)
Lvl7 (Maybe something, maybe not)

EDIT: And here's the wishlist again for convenience sake.
7: Deep-Pocket Cloak +2
8: Thunder Dagger +2, Storm Torc Tatoo
9: Boots of Striding, Shimmering Armor +2
10: Hat of Disguise, Lightning Dagger +2, Scabard of Sacred Might
11: Summoned Githweave Armor +3
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads