• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A random question about HeroQuest, Chaos, and Dread

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
In the new version of the HeroQuest game recently released by Hasbro, "Chaos Warriors" and other similar enemies were renamed "Dread Warriors" and the like, probably to avoid getting entangled with any GW IP. But now I have to ask… let's imagine that one were going to play a full-on RPG set in a world based on the new HQ lore. The monsters and Zargon and so forth all march under the banner of the "Forces of Dread" (rather than Chaos), so I have to ask… what would we call the opposite alignment in such a setting? "Chaos" would be opposed by "Law" or "Order," but… what would be the opposite of "Dread"? Or, more specifically, what word would be suitable to describe the allied forces of goodness represented by the likes of humans, dwarves, and elves?

fba827

Adventurer
Coalition of ....
Heroes of ...
Coalition of ...
Allies of...

Honor
(location name)
Wisdom
Freedom
(name of current king/ruler)
(name of animal that represents the virtues being expressed by the group; ie Dragon, Phoenix, etc)
Gozer (sorry, looking at your screen name I had to go there)

aramis erak

Legend
In the new version of the HeroQuest game recently released by Hasbro, "Chaos Warriors" and other similar enemies were renamed "Dread Warriors" and the like, probably to avoid getting entangled with any GW IP. But now I have to ask… let's imagine that one were going to play a full-on RPG set in a world based on the new HQ lore. The monsters and Zargon and so forth all march under the banner of the "Forces of Dread" (rather than Chaos), so I have to ask… what would we call the opposite alignment in such a setting? "Chaos" would be opposed by "Law" or "Order," but… what would be the opposite of "Dread"? Or, more specifically, what word would be suitable to describe the allied forces of goodness represented by the likes of humans, dwarves, and elves?
Forces of Hope.
Forces of Good.
Civilized Peoples.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
Ooh, Hope. That's really good. I like that. I had been thinking either "Valor" or "Freedom", but "Hope" is just as much of an ideal as "Dread" is a… well, whatever the demotivational opposite of an ideal is. Excellent suggestion!

Remove ads