• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A proposal for the "new red box" for a simplified D20

DocSER

Explorer
I think there is a consensus that there should be some stripped down D20-like game to draw in younger players. The problem has been how exactly to arrange it.

I had an idea.

Someone (WotC or some other publisher) needs to secure the rights to Samurai Jack and make a simplified OGC game based on D20 mechanics. The setting is compelling, linked to a popular property, and simple enough for a "red box" style game. I bet some older gamers would even buy it because Jack is just so darn fun.

Why hasn't anyone done this yet?

johnsemlak

First Post
Ah, duh!

Sorry, I didn't quite catch it in that context. I thought it was something opposed to a 'FRPG' or a 'CCG' or whatever.

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
DocSER said:
Why hasn't anyone done this yet?
I don't know. It seems like it would be pretty easy to par down the d20 system into something very simple and accessible. I think this is a great idea.

Camarath

Pale Master Tarrasque
johnsemlak said:
Ah, duh!

Sorry, I didn't quite catch it in that context. I thought it was something opposed to a 'FRPG' or a 'CCG' or whatever.
It is easy to get confused in the AFE (Acronyms For Everything) world we live in.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads