• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotBS 4E compiled WotBS

UnknownAtThisTime

First Post
I know I am late to the game, but I would consider options C or B.

I don't play VTT, and I like holding books, so an affordable hardcopy is something I would at least give thought to.

Zinovia

Explorer
I bought the 3.5 version before there was talk of a 4E conversion, then bought the 4E version when it came out. I have the modules on my iPad, which works out well except for the encounters being at the end. I would have preferred them to be in-line with the rest of the story. It would be great if I could edit the PDF to move things around, but that's a separate technical issue. I have to say that I would not purchase a physical copy of the book.

As for updates, the community has likely already done much of the work in updating encounters and NPC stats to the new monster design paradigm for their own campaigns. Is there a good place besides this forum for people to share the efforts they have already put in on updating WoBS? Perhaps revised versions of the modules can be created someday.

S

Sunseeker

Buying campaigns has always been a questionable endeavor for me. Realistically, how many times am I going to use that same campaign? Why would I use the same campaign again and again? If I wanted a game where the content never changes, I'd buy an MMO like WoW.

So, should you produce this, my personal opinion is that while honestly, I probably wouldn't buy it at all, I would be most inclined to buy it as a "Book 1: story" and "book 2: encounters" setup.

That way, if I want to run heavily modified encounters or custom-made encounters for the game, I could use the story to make sure they fit. Conversely, if I were to run a different game, I could use the "big-book-o-encounters" to base other encounters in other games off of.

However, I would be unlikely to purchase them as a set. I would probably end up buying one book and then a year down the road buy the other(if I did at all).

DK

First Post
I would buy a 2 or 3 book series.
I'm sure lots off people interested would buy at least the first book.

Aegeri

First Post
If you give an indication of the kinds of maps in the adventure and release the adventure with the untagged maps (at an okay resolution), I would be more than interested. I am a great map pincher and the more maps the happier I am. I also like to harvest adventures for traps, hazards and monsters as well. Assuming you've made a fair few unique traps, monsters and got a bunch of unique maps then I would definitely be interested in buying such a thing.

I rarely run anything as written and when I buy anything, it's nearly always to steal encounters ultimately.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads