• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your best live action Superman?

Best Live Action Supes?

• Kirk Alyn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Reeves

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Christopher Reeve

Votes: 65 70.7%
  • Brandon Routh

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Henry Cavill

Votes: 10 10.9%
  • Nicolas Cage (really?)

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Dean Cain

• Tom Welling

• Tyler Hoechlin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other thing that I forgot

Votes: 2 2.2%

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I dunno. Teri Hatcher, who can be exhausting in nearly everything else (well, other than Seinfeld), was pretty great as well.
I agree she got the sassy, hard-nosed, pulitzer prize winning reporter downpat, even inside the rom-com style show. Margot Kidder did too, but her clumsy, goofy side was a bit distracting.
Also a nod to Phyllis Coates from the early b&w serials

MarkB

Legend
I agree she got the sassy, hard-nosed, pulitzer prize winning reporter downpat, even inside the rom-com style show. Margot Kidder did too, but her clumsy, goofy side was a bit distracting.
Also a nod to Phyllis Coates from the early b&w serials
Kidder is good, but in the way she's portrayed she really takes peril-friendliness to an extreme. It feels like she wouldn't last three days in a world where Superman didn't exist.

200w.gif
This whole movie... what could've been. I always love going back and listening to Kevin Smith tell this story on An Evening with Kevin Smith.

What could go wrong on a movie where the writing was being guided by a man who started out as Barbara Streisand's hairdresser? I think the three rules were: Superman can't fly in the movie. The suit had to go, because it was too... I won't use the slur Peters used, but it's the one you're probably now thinking of. And, third, Superman has to fight a spider in Act III. ... at least Smith changed it in the script to a Thanagarian Snare Beast.

It's worth noting, Peters did at least get his Act III spider fight in a movie: Wild Wild West.

Remove ads