• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Files Series Finale

Crothian

First Post
I just want to know why everything happens on my birthday. Dec 22. Shadowrun and X-files predict the end the same year, Rifts has it on that date but different year. IT's rather odd.

NiTessine

Explorer
Crothian said:
I just want to know why everything happens on my birthday. Dec 22. Shadowrun and X-files predict the end the same year, Rifts has it on that date but different year. IT's rather odd.

Apparently the ancient Maya indians predicted that the world will end on December 22th, 2012.
I predict we will be getting rid of an extraordinary amount of crackpots around that date, when another generation of suicide cultists do the thing suicide cultists are known for.

AFGNCAAP

First Post
Dec. 22nd, eh? Me too. :)

Only thing I can guess is that that day/month date is roughly the time of the winter solstice. Bit of a mythic/symbolic spin on things.

Crothian

First Post
AFGNCAAP said:
Dec. 22nd, eh? Me too. :)

Only thing I can guess is that that day/month date is roughly the time of the winter solstice. Bit of a mythic/symbolic spin on things.

That's it entirely. The summer solstice and the Equinoxes are also very important in the same way, but the world never ends on them.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
That is Not Dead...

The LGs? They're vampires. Mulder complains about their smell and one of them asks if everybody could wait while he drains this lizard.

Carter has a seriously bent sense of humor.

DPG Darrin

First Post
God... I love the X-files... for the way it taunts us, tortures us, and in the end leaves us with nothing. It was the perfect show and I will miss it (yes, even after the last 2 seasons).

So my take on this is that Carter creates this incredibly brave series where he asks a question: How will two completely determined, capable, and half nuts FBI agets save the world from impending doom? We watch for 9 years as they uncover the truth and avoid being destroyed in their efforts, but in the end, the answer is that THEY DON'T. That's the truth.

As for the movie, I'm quite certain that it will be made, and if it doesn't address the mythology, Carter needs a brain transplant. He's written himself into a corner. How can you have a movie based on this series unless it finds a way to deal with Mulder being a fugitive? The title of the last movie was 'Fight the Future.' There was a reason that slogan came up time and again in the series. I think the next movie will be their ultimate battle, or the lead in to that battle.

But that's just the opinion of one X-phile that hopes beyond hope that it doesn't realy end like this.

Dec. 22, 2012

Shadowdancer

First Post
Carter as already said several times in interviews that the next X-Files movie will be a stand-alone type story and will not deal with the mythology. How that will happen with Mulder and Scully now on the run, I don't know. Will Fox get his job back with the FBI? Or will he and Dana open up a Ghostbusters-style paranormal investigation service? Or will they travel around on the run and just stumble upon unexplainable phenomenon?

eXodus

Explorer
save me. help me. save my wife. help my wife.

we have been following the x-files since it all popped forth like a child from chris carter's womb.

tonight we taped the series finale and then went out to have some dinner.

post-enchiladas and margaritas the size of pitchers we decided to watch the end of the beloved series.

right around the time mulder is talking about evil men and the devil being a man with a plan our vcr crapped out on us and the tape stopped rolling. no mas. it was over. the rest of the episode failed to be recorded for no good reason at all.

please. please. please.

for the love of christ.

if one of you beloved people recorded it and are willing to upload it online, or you know where i can find it, or anything that allows me to see this series finale i would be most greatful. hell, i would go as far as paying to have a copy of the episode mailed to me.

please help us. oh, god help us.

MaxKaladin

First Post
DPG Darrin said:
God... I love the X-files... for the way it taunts us, tortures us, and in the end leaves us with nothing.

God... I hate the X-files... for the way it taunts us, tortures us, and in the end leaves us with nothing.

I didn't watch last night's finale beacuse I knew Carter was just going to be playing his stupid "I know something you don't know!" games with us yet again just as he has for the last decade or so. Worse, he kept dropping hints every so often that we were going to learn some bit of the truth in some episode only to come away with nothing in the end. It started to remind me of the way someone teases a dog or cat with a toy or a bit of food and then yanks it away at the last moment. That's when I realized that Carter had no intention of ever telling people the answer, if he even has one. That's when I stopped watching.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads