• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

X-Files Series Finale

uv23

First Post
As has been mentioned before, the finale was pointless and lame. It recapped a few story points for those who had been confused by Carter's incessant deviations from his own mythology. Other than that, it was crap and the part where Kersch helps out?? Totally unbeleivable. And I found the heavy religious undertones nauseating.

Oh well, good riddance.

pensiv

Explorer
it reminded me of the Seinfeld finale.

uv23, if you're nauseated by the religious undertones, where have you been for the past 9 years? The whole show is riddled with religious undertones.

Tsyr

Explorer
Basicly...

I stopped being a religious x-files fanatic when it stopped bieng a show of quirky happenings with a consitant underplot (his sister, aliens), and started being almonst nothing but shadowgovernment crapola. I watched a few of the last episodes when it kinda got back to that formula, but without mulder it just didn't work.

Shadowdancer

First Post
I agree with you, Tysr: I always liked the stand-along episodes more than the mythology episodes. And I thought the mythology stories were better when the focus was on an impending alien invasion.

Once they killed of the Syndicate, and started focusing on the shadow government and the super soldiers, it got real stupid real fast.

Once Mulder learned what happened to his sister, and then left the show -- what was the point? That would be like the Fugitive having caught the One-Armed Man, and then the series continuing on for two more years focusing on the One-Armed Man's trial and appeals, but without David Jansen.

Ulrick

First Post
omokage said:
it reminded me of the Seinfeld finale.

uv23, if you're nauseated by the religious undertones, where have you been for the past 9 years? The whole show is riddled with religious undertones.

Or watch reruns of "Millenium" for religious overtones that scare the crap out of you. :)

I liked the season finale. It wrapped things up nicely yet made you beg for more. But I'm glad the show ended when it did. If Chris Carter or anybody else tried to crank out another season...grr.

I don't know what I'll do Sunday Nights anymore. It was sort of a ritual: Sit down, watch The Simpsons, watch Malcolm in the Middle, then The X-Files.

:(

Ulrick

DM_Matt

First Post
Ulrick said:

I don't know what I'll do Sunday Nights anymore. It was sort of a ritual: Sit down, watch The Simpsons, watch Malcolm in the Middle, then The X-Files.
:(
Ulrick

IIRC, they are putting Joss Whedon's "Firefly" in that slot...hopefully it will be good...

Richards

Legend
Actually, I believe "Firefly" will be on Fridays, in the "Dark Angel" slot. "Malcolm in the Middle" will be moved to the old "X-Files" slot, with new half-hour comedies both before and after it.

I think I'm going to miss "Dark Angel" even more than "X-Files." The quality on "Dark Angel" kept getting better and better, while "X-Files" seemed to be slipping.

Johnathan

Eye Tyrant

First Post
One of the single worst episodes Ive ever watched... The first words out of my mouth at the end was "Well, that sucked!" I was totally disappointed... Hell, I'll go so far and say that the Brady Bunch episode last week (which I thought would suck, but really liked) was much better then that piece of garbage!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads