• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) WotC renaming Charisma in 2024 books

Working in a 5th Grade classroom this year, "slay" is a big term. What's interesting is that a group of kids decided to come up with a rival phrase and somehow landed on "Steve Jobs" as a kind of "good job" alternative. So now whenever anyone does anything good, the class erupts in a bunch of "slays" and "Steve Jobs." It's neat to see culture generate right before your eyes.
Slay has been a term for about a decade now

Oh yeah, I know that. What I found excited was the creation of "Steve Jobs" as a similar phrase, happening right before my eyes. It hadn't spread outside of my classroom but it's become part of our class language.
I haaaaave to ask my kids about the Steve Jobs won. I teach teenagers dual-enrolled in college courses right now (and separate adult student classes) so I'm going to see if they use it too. I love learning slang from them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads