• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC WotC hinting heavily that Tuque Games D&D game will be revealed at the Game Awards Show

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Chris thought an ARPG was a good idea too, but we will see who is right in time. T
Chris. Regardless of how well this game does, Chris is right. And ARPG is a good idea.
That's called Skyrim.
Well, no. Skyrim is a dnd inspired classless ARPG. Which is different.

A Skyrim Style dnd game would have classes, the dnd races, and take place in a dnd world.

I played the old Dark Alliance games back when they came out. They weren't bad but weren't great either. I was hoping for another Baldurs Gate style game since they shamelessly used Baldurs Gate in the titles back then. Was hoping it would have been a souls/Bourne style game in the Forgotten Realms. Oh well.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I played the old Dark Alliance games back when they came out. They weren't bad but weren't great either. I was hoping for another Baldurs Gate style game since they shamelessly used Baldurs Gate in the titles back then. Was hoping it would have been a souls/Bourne style game in the Forgotten Realms. Oh well.
“Shamelessly?”

The first game was based in Baldur’s Gate, and the second was a direct sequel. “Shamelessly” implies there is some reason for there to be shame. 🤷‍♂️

gyor

Legend
A D&D action game is a fantastic idea.

Honestly I was really disappointed it wasn't a TB or RTwP game, so maybe I was a bit of jerk about, an expression of frustration at the lack of a good FR 5e CRPG for so long as all kinds of FR games came that were far from what I wanted. Still I over come massive disappointment and I apologize for putting down ARPGs.

I hope this game rocks for ARPG and Drizzt fans.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Honestly I was really disappointed it wasn't a TB or RTwP game, so maybe I was a bit of jerk about, an expression of frustration at the lack of a good FR 5e CRPG for so long as all kinds of FR games came that were far from what I wanted. Still I over come massive disappointment and I apologize for putting down ARPGs.

I hope this game rocks for ARPG and Drizzt fans.

Yeah, I get where you are coming from. However, Larian are making a classic CRPG to fill this niche. I appreciate the variety.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Chris. Regardless of how well this game does, Chris is right. And ARPG is a good idea.

Well, no. Skyrim is a dnd inspired classless ARPG. Which is different.

A Skyrim Style dnd game would have classes, the dnd races, and take place in a dnd world.

Then what would make it Skyrim inspired as opposed to, say, Daikatana inspired if you’re removing everything related to Skyrim and only keeping a first person action rpg?

As I’ve said previously, and you disagree, it takes more then the D&D proper pronouns o make a game feel like D&D to most folks. Put it like this. Let’s say you work at WotC and are interviewing for a D&D developer. A person comes in and you ask them what their D&D experience is. An they say:

“I have lots of experience playing D&D!”

so you hire them then you find out they have no idea what classes are, what spells are, what monsters stat blocks are, no clue how the system works at all, and never heard of the PHB. When you question them, their response is, “Well, I played the heck out of DragonStrike, and a guy on the internet told me I was in fact playing D&D, so there.”

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Then what would make it Skyrim inspired as opposed to, say, Daikatana inspired if you’re removing everything related to Skyrim and only keeping a first person action rpg?

As I’ve said previously, and you disagree, it takes more then the D&D proper pronouns o make a game feel like D&D to most folks. Put it like this. Let’s say you work at WotC and are interviewing for a D&D developer. A person comes in and you ask them what their D&D experience is. An they say:

“I have lots of experience playing D&D!”

so you hire them then you find out they have no idea what classes are, what spells are, what monsters stat blocks are, no clue how the system works at all, and never heard of the PHB. When you question them, their response is, “Well, I played the heck out of DragonStrike, and a guy on the internet told me I was in fact playing D&D, so there.”

The previous Elder Scrolls games did have Classes, and Tamriel was a TTRPG homebrew world.

Skyrim is not really an Action RPG, though, we're looking at something lighter and closer to Gauntlet here.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads