• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D (2024) WotC Fireside Chat: Revised 2024 Player’s Handbook

Book is near-final and includes psionic subclasses, and illustrations of named spell creators.

IMG_3405.jpeg

In this video about the upcoming revised Player’s Handnook, WotC’s Jeremy Crawford and Chris Perkins reveal a few new tidbits.
  • The books are near final and almost ready to go to print
  • Psionic subclasses such as the Soulknife and Psi Warrior will appear in the core books
  • Named spells have art depicting their creators.
  • There are new species in the PHB.

I believe he was trying to be funny.
Maybe. It is just no funny anymore. Both extremes.

If anyone was content with just putting pointy ears on, why bother with species at all. This is the exact problem many have with playing half-species as of UA 2024.

Then there are power gamers trying to squeeze every little benefit out of something. A.k.a hexblade warlock for everyone... (although not everyone dipping warlock is a powergamer, sometimes it fits the concept of the character and is a powerful combinations).

I do like to optimize my characters, i like to find combinations which are playing nice together. As long as one does not do it to break the game, there is nothing bad in it.

Remove ads

Remove ads