• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Will be level 20. 3rd IR Aftermath!

What Level?

• Level 1

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Level 5

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Level 10

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Level 20

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Level 40

Votes: 9 33.3%

Kalanyr

Explorer
Melkor said:
Posted by Kalanyr:

Yep.

I had to scale up the Dieties from D&Dg to explain why someone hasn't killed them yet.

I am interested, what have you came up with?

(Still have to tone some PCs down a little to make this work. But this is what I'm working on currently.)

Rank Levels
DR 0 30+
1-5 60+
6-10 90+
11-15 120+
16-20 150+

Especially Powerful gods of a rank are usually 20-40 levels above the stated, ie Correlon,Beory,Shar types to pick a diety of each alignment.

Last edited:

Kalanyr

Explorer
Not really, even 40th level PCs get horribly squished by anything I really need the Epic Level Handbook for. :). And the current trend is 20 so it seems unnecessary for now.

Well, there is a huge chance that a group of 20th level characters will have interaction with 20th+ level NPC`s, but it can be handled pretty well by multiclassing and prestige classes.

Kalanyr

Explorer
Yep, that was my plan. Hmmm, It seems that Level 1 is becoming more popular, seems there are some cruel people out there.

Kalanyr, only problem that I see is with Prestige Classes that grant +1 spellcasting level, I would suggest that for each 2 levels in such a class you gain a one level higher spell slot than 9th for metamagic purposes.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Cruel people who do not intend to play, or most likely people who never did, but are disgusted with IR-too-high-level-game, and show their dislike by voting 1st level.

Posted by Kalanyr:

16-20 150+

Well, than I see Melkor as Divine Rank 18, 165th level, maybe 10th Fighter/50th Blackguard/20th Cleric/10th Wizard/30th Shadow Adept/5th Archmage/10th Rogue/10th Assasin/20th Shadowdancer. What a pity that he is a Demigod currently.

Zelda Themelin

First Post
Melkor,

I find it funny over-continuing PrC:s, it would IMO work better with base classes. PrC:s are born of idea being limited to 5, or 10 levels mostly.

However, I see your point in sense, that those PrC capture feeling you want much better than just 'wizard, cleric, etc".

How would you do this, Kal?

Kalanyr

Explorer
DR 19-20 is probably more accurate for a merger of multiple evil gods. But since he got demigoded it makes little difference. Gods who are heads of multiple pantheons are probably around 20. So Melkor was probably 19 or 20.

Probably around DR 1 for a little while, he can probably rustle up enough worship to make 3 pretty quickly and probably reach 5 easily enough, its there the road block arises. At least he gets to keep his levels.

The PrC levels are Ok in this case because those classes have scaleing abilities for the most part, Shadowdancer could give trouble however.

Last edited:

Remove ads