• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Which adventure was your first? Ever itch to play/DM it again?

caudor

Adventurer
As a player...Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh. As a DM... Cult of the Reptile God. I have fond memories of an adventure called Treasure Hunt (it was fantasic), but I believe that was later in my 2e days.

Last edited:

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
Back when I first started in 1993 (first year of high school), I'm pretty sure the DM made everything up as we went along, but the first published adventure I recall was "Ex Keraptis Cum Amore", from Dungeon.
It took as a while longer to get hold of the original White Plume Mountain...

Everyone had a great time exploring, and the body count wasn't too high (except for one guy). The Illustration book was kinda nice, too!
I wouldn't mind running it myself, to see what I could do with the final battle scene.

wmasters

First Post
I think my first printed adventure was the one in the Dark Sun campaign book, but I could be wrong. And while I love the setting, I wouldn't run that adventure again. Most of the early adventures I ran were homebrew though - I was at high school with little spare cash for adventures when there were so many other D&D books I wanted .

Akrasia

Procrastinator
B1 was my first, with B2 a close second.

I ran both in a short C&C campaign last year (spring 2005). They're still both a lot of fun! :cool:

Soel

First Post
My first module to play was Assault on Raven's Ruin. It was a blast, even though my character died from walking into the frog pit room and being beaten into the mud by the giant frog therein.

My first module to run was the Eternal Boundary (Planescape.) It also was a week of pure fun, in spite of the fact that two of the characters involved were chaosmen brothers named Leroy and Chainsaw Buttersworth.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The first published module I ever ran was after I'd already been DMing a few years - it's hardly time to say I'd gladly revisit it.

The first game I ever ran, though, I typed up into an elaborate module-esque booklet. Return to Kastle Kojark was a remarkable document - it was accidentally a loving tribute to all those nonsensical, trap-and-monster-filled dungeons of the 1e days. A pastiche of Dungeonland, completely unintentionally, because I thought that's what dungeons were supposed to be like.

I'd love to sweep it up to 3.5 compliance and run a Return to the Return to Kastle Kojark someday. See if my jaded and no-longer-middle-schooler players still get a kick out of it.

Demiurge out.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Ummm. When I started playing there was no such thing as printed adventures :heh: So the first adventure I played in was a homebrew linear dungeon crawl.

The first printed adventure I remember playing in was Against the Giants, and my wizard completely outclassed the fighters in every combat (which wasn't hard to do in 1e, granted).

A 3e version of Against the Giants would be far, far nastier of course.

Pinotage

Explorer
Keep of the Borderlands. It came with the boxed set, so it got played. Same with Isle of Dread that came with the Expert Set. I'm thinking about revisiting the latter, but I haven't played Keep of the Borderlands in 20 years. My all time favorite Basic adventure was Rahasia. We had a blast with that one.

Pinotage

cmanos

First Post
The very first adventure I played in was the adventure in the back of the OE Blue and White cover Basic Game...before even the Red Cover game. Something about the dungeon of a wizard whose tower was engulfed in green flame. There was a sun dial in a rool with a carved face on the wall. The carved face had a riddle underneath it. I only remember part of the riddle. "I'll never speak til it be four."

The first one I ran was wither Keep on the Borderlands or a homebrew.

Remove ads