• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What should the CR of this Be? (Players or DMs of Epic Games)

akbearfoot

First Post
I don't much like the way this guy is laid out...He's like a giant tank with 9th level wizard spells.

Round 1...quicked CoC, Time stop...Black tentacles around the casters, Force Cage the melee, Illusion of walls boxing in anyone left over, maybe even a Summoned ally in the midst of the spellcasters or just go with a greater invisibility. Suddenly this guy has 1 or 2 PCs to face for the next couple rounds, while people try and wrestle their way out of black tentacles, save vs illusions, and use teleport magic.

If he knows they are coming, he's got an arsenal of buffs to put on himself...putting his ac even furthur, and giving him invisibility and a 50% miss chance.

Basically what Im getting at is if he is utilized in an intelligent manner, he's basically designed to be able to TPK any group thats not prepared for the fight ahead of time.

Virtue

First Post
If he knows they are coming, he's got an arsenal of buffs to put on himself...putting his ac even furthur, and giving him invisibility and a 50% miss chance.

Basically what Im getting at is if he is utilized in an intelligent manner, he's basically designed to be able to TPK any group thats not prepared for the fight ahead of time.

Isnt that how most Epic Encounters should be?

Runestar

First Post
Assuming the epic party doesn't have access to true-seeing and dispel/disjunction. Freedom of movement should be a given at that level. Forcecage/maze is always a problem at higher lvs (though you can work around it with teleportation abilities/iron heart surge/greater spell immunity/sr.

Conclusion - too swingy to make any further conclusions without any knowledge of what your party includes, their tactics, resources available etc. I don't think an epic party will be such a pushover either.

Virtue

First Post
Yeah its kinda hard to know abilities and tactics the party is still very low level I just try to prep when I have time, but three of the PCs are really hard core max out players and they help the other players make better characters

By looking I think he would be a solid challenge for about 23rd 24th level PCs thats how I built him

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads