• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What is your current character's core class?

What is your current character's class (see post for rules)?

• Barbarian

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Bard

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Cleric

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • Druid

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Fighter

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • Monk

Votes: 9 3.8%
  • Paladin

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Ranger

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Rogue

Votes: 34 14.5%
  • Sorcerer

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Wizard

Votes: 35 14.9%

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
This will be a poll, for the early thread-jumpers.

Here's my question... what is the (core) class of your current character (or most recent character, if you're not currently gaming)? I know you may have a multiclass character, so for the purposes of this exercise, assume your character's "class" is the class from the list above in which s/he has the most levels... a Ftr4/Mnk7 is a "Monk" for the purposes of this poll.

If multiple classes fit this description, please choose the class whose abilities you use more often.

--The Sigil

Benben

First Post
Too bad I wasn't the first person to vote then bards would have held 100% of the votes.

I'll settle for the current 20%.

Kelleris

Explorer
You need an "Other" option. Darn non-editable polls.

I'm going to be playing my homebrew technologist, set up as a fighter-mage type, tomorrow. In terms of abilities, I guess sorcerer is the closest, though the technologist's devices have different strengths and weaknesses than the wizard/sorcerer spell list and I pay for better science-y skills with the equivalent of fewer slots/day. I look forward to taking my father's last masterpiece, a suit of powered armor, into glorious combat! :D

Other than that, I tend to play bards. Spend most of my time DMing, though.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. I'm voting for bard because I wanted this character to have some of the mix of skills, special abilities, and combat ability that endears me to the bard.

Last edited:

Erekose13

Explorer
Need the poll to allow multiple choices, I have a barbarian, a cleric, a druid, a fighter, a ranger, and a wizard from the above options.

Edit: and a rogue and another cleric. PbP!

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Erekose13 said:
Need the poll to allow multiple choices, I have a barbarian, a cleric, a druid, a fighter, a ranger, and a wizard from the above options.

Edit: and a rogue and another cleric. PbP!
I could have done "multiple choices" but I was curious to see what single class gets played most often - i.e., pigeonholing you into a role (I know most 3e'ers don't like that, but tough). Seriously... I specifically decided against multiple-answer before posting the poll. Forcing you to make a tough choice is a feature, not a bug. ;)

--The Sigil

Dracomeander

First Post
:\ You really needed an Other option. I voted Bard as it is the only option on the list that any of my current characters have levels in.

Of the three characters I'm currently playing, I've only got two levels of Bard. That's two levels out of thirty-two between the three characters. The rest of the levels are psionic-based.

Remove ads