Weapon/Armor Enchantments?

eisgowen

First Post
Just curious what some of u would put on a weapon and armor if u had the chance? :)

im not really sure what to head for. I already have a scabard of keen edge.

kreynolds

First Post
Armor of Fortification (100%) and any sword with Keen, Sure Striking, Speed and a burst enhancement, but those are just the basics, and provided that I can afford it of course. :D

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Obviously this really derpends on the class, campaign, and stly of game you are running. My Bard Lasher in the campaign that just eneded has a Acidic Burst Whip Dagger for instance. The image of flicking bits of acid with the whip was too cool to pass up. In a campaign about to start my Dwarven Fighter will really want a Dwarfen Battle Axe Defender. And in the game that is currently going my half elf Ranger will really want a Composite Long bow of Distance with returning arrows.

trentonjoe

Explorer
Depends on the level. If you have the scabbard of keen edge it is likely that you are atleast 5th level so I will base my assumptions on that.

GIven a choice, I would go with:

Weapon: For a +1 bonus I'd go with o one of the energy bonuses (fore, frost, shocking, etc.) that give the extra d6. Holy is a good choice too but that is +2. Speed is the best high level choice at +4 but it is reproducable (spell, boots, etc.)

Armor: I like the resist element option here. Others probably have better ideas!

Artoomis

First Post
For weapons, put on at least a +2 enhancement, if not +3, before any others. You need this for:

DR

and

Anti-sunder.

After that, well, it depends. Holy Avenger might be handy.

Last edited:

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
I like Fortification armor on grunts. As you get up in levels you start meeting things that can do 30 or 40 a hit. One unlucky roll that turns into a monster crit is more likely to kill you than those 15 pts of Fireball damage.

Energy resistance on shields is nice; you can swap shields around a bit if you know what to expect. Blinding is useful on a shield; it opens up some sneak attack targets for your teammates.

I like front line grunts to have maximum pluses to get that regular to hit and damage and cut through DR, don't count on GMW to save your arse. I have a soft spot for Holy because it is so stylish. Keen if you have a good strength. d6 energy is an afterthought. Burst only if you have Improved Critical and Keen already.

I like fancy pants energy on bows for archers. They can play with multiple bows and rachet up their attacks with better arrows if need be. With Rapid Shot and a full attack they can even cut through a weak elemental resistance.

Remove ads