• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock Feats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeten

First Post
Yes, and I like the idea of stealth, although this seems like more...why cant I take stealth as a class feat, I can take Thievery...

Danceofmasks

First Post
Yeah well .. 'cos from looking at how shadow walk works, it's plenty strong as it is.
I'm from the school of "warlocks need 2 stats, and dex is one of them"

Nifft

Penguin Herder
@ TRRW: I would never recommend that use of the human stat bonus points.

- - -

Cha-based Warlocks can benefit from Skill Training, more so than most other classes. Warlocks get free Concealment (nice for Stealth), and you have the Charisma to pull off a lot of Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and Streetwise checks. You may have Arcana trained, in which case Ritual Caster is good. With your high Intelligence, you'll do well with the various knowledge-skills (Arcana, History, Religion).

If you're Human, you want Action Surge and Human Perseverance.

Extra teleporation is very nice. Don't think of it as "only 2 squares". Think of it as a +66% improvement in range.

Everybody benefits from Improved Initiative.

- - -

Why are you making a Human fey-pact Warlock? That's a sub-optimal race/class combo -- you are throwing away your best racial feature (extra At-Will).

Cheers, -- N

theNater

First Post
I dont consider, "But Improved Misty Step exists" to be an example of "Enough Warlock Feats"

Maybe I am used to 3.5, or whatever, but between 1 and 10 I get what, 6 feats? And I can take Hellfire Blood, which is designed for Tiefling Warlock, then next seems to be Astral Fire and Dark Fury, both of which seem to use what the PHB describes are "Non warlock stats that warlock powers will never use" and improved misty step. So I guess, to me it seems like there is 1 warlock feat, 1 tiefling feat, and some other feats not designed for Warlocks, that they could use if they gimp their warlock stats?

Ah, I see now. You want 6 heroic tier feats that your warlock will get good use out of. Let's see what we can find.

Alertness: Nobody likes giving up combat advantage.
Dark Fury: All good and you already qualify for it.
Defensive Mobility: Warlocks have few close or melee powers, with this you are more likely to be able to afford to cast while adjacent to an enemy.
Fast Runner: Every now and then it's time to flee.
Ferocious Rebuke: Make your already impressive Infernal Wrath even better.
Hellfire Blood: All good.
Improved Initiative: Probably not as well as Alertness, but one or the other is okay.
Improved Misty Step: Useful sometimes.
Jack of All Trades: Always handy for skill challenges.
Ritual Caster: Arcana and Religion are both class skills, and rituals do a number of nifty things.
Toughness: Being harder to kill is always good.
Weapon Proficiency: When surrounded, bust out the Bastard Sword and carve a path to safety.

That's what, 11 feats? Pick your favorite 6 and you're good to go.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Maybe I am missing something, but feats for warlocks seem to either A be nonexistent, or B require crazy non warlock stats

Stuff like Astral Fire requires Dex 13, and Dark Fury requires Wis 13.

I dont get it.

I consider this to be a feature to encourage players to not just pump the prime stat as high as possible, but instead to reward them for spreading their abilities around a little.

Cheers

Danceofmasks

First Post
I think of it as compensate for spreading stats around a little.
Such a feat gives you +3 damage. At epic tier. And costs you a feat.
It's still weaker than +1 to hit & damage always.

Seeten

First Post

Ah, I see now. You want 6 heroic tier feats that your warlock will get good use out of. Let's see what we can find.

Defensive Mobility: Warlocks have few close or melee powers, with this you are more likely to be able to afford to cast while adjacent to an enemy.
Improved Initiative: Probably not as well as Alertness, but one or the other is okay.
Improved Misty Step: Useful sometimes.
Jack of All Trades: Always handy for skill challenges.
Ritual Caster: Arcana and Religion are both class skills, and rituals do a number of nifty things.
Toughness: Being harder to kill is always good.
Weapon Proficiency: When surrounded, bust out the Bastard Sword and carve a path to safety.

That's what, 11 feats? Pick your favorite 6 and you're good to go.

Without further ado, lets start:

yawn

Only because I dropped con to 14 and bought wis up to 13

play better tactically?

seems pretty weak...

My level 1 feat

I'll likely take this, but it doesnt excite me at all.

I have this pencilled in as level 2 or 4 feat.

The rest are just lame. I guess I was spoiled by tons of cool feats in 3.5

These seem to be boring, lame, and drag me out of character.

Seeten

First Post
I consider this to be a feature to encourage players to not just pump the prime stat as high as possible, but instead to reward them for spreading their abilities around a little.

Cheers

Why put in the PHB that "Warlocks will never need Dex or Str or Wis" if you expressly make warlock feats that use them?

Incenjucar

Legend
I think he's trying to say that he wants to have a bunch of feats that make him explode people more rather than feats that round out his character. :yawn:

Bison

First Post
also keep in mind that yes you get 6 feats in heroic play, but you also get stat bumps at level 4 and level 8. so you don't have to start out qualifying for all those feats at level 1.

true you are likely to want to bump up your prime stat with each bump, but it still gives you a few more points to work with as you plan your feats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads