• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warlock Feats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seeten

First Post
Maybe I am missing something, but feats for warlocks seem to either A be nonexistent, or B require crazy non warlock stats

Stuff like Astral Fire requires Dex 13, and Dark Fury requires Wis 13.

I dont get it.

Seeten

First Post
As a Fey pact Warlock, I dont see how useful an extra 2 squares of movement would be, and I cant make use of the other 2 at all...

Those feats were designed with the intention that all characters would be made using the Standard Array. You end up with a good range of ability scores that allow you to take feats of this nature. Yes, this means some of your points have to go into non-core abilities, but that's part of the game now.

Fey Pact Warlock (Human)

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16

Str 10
Con 14
Dex 13
Int 12
Wis 13 (11 w/ Human Bonus)
Cha 16

You now qualify for both feats without overly gimping yourself.

-TRRW

theNater

First Post
So, wait, is the problem that there aren't any warlock feats, or that there aren't any warlock feats you like? Those are different issues.

Did you take Fey Pact because you wanted mobility? A greater teleport range gives you more of that. Sometimes those two squares will be the difference between an enemy hitting you with a major attack and a basic attack.

Seeten

First Post
Hey TRRW:

I took 16 cha, 14 con, 14 int, 13 wis 10 dex 8 str, as a tiefling, this finalizes out to 18, 14, 16, 13, 10 8, I guess I could drop int a bunch, but its a prime warlock stat, where dex is supposed to be completely unused, with the exception, apparently, of Feats Warlocks care about.

Gloombunny

First Post
Those feats were designed with the intention that all characters would be made using the Standard Array. You end up with a good range of ability scores that allow you to take feats of this nature. Yes, this means some of your points have to go into non-core abilities, but that's part of the game now.

Fey Pact Warlock (Human)

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16

Str 10
Con 14
Dex 13
Int 12
Wis 13 (11 w/ Human Bonus)
Cha 16

You now qualify for both feats without overly gimping yourself.
The feats aren't nearly worth such a crappy attribute setup. Hell, even if you restrict players to the standard array, putting the 14 into Con instead of Int and applying the human +2 to Wis instead of Cha weakens the warlock far more than getting the feats improves him.

Seeten

First Post
I dont consider, "But Improved Misty Step exists" to be an example of "Enough Warlock Feats"

Maybe I am used to 3.5, or whatever, but between 1 and 10 I get what, 6 feats? And I can take Hellfire Blood, which is designed for Tiefling Warlock, then next seems to be Astral Fire and Dark Fury, both of which seem to use what the PHB describes are "Non warlock stats that warlock powers will never use" and improved misty step. So I guess, to me it seems like there is 1 warlock feat, 1 tiefling feat, and some other feats not designed for Warlocks, that they could use if they gimp their warlock stats?

Danceofmasks

First Post
Well ... if you want to get mileage from shadow walk, you're going to need skill training (stealth) and skill focus (stealth).

MarkB

Legend
One thing I'd like to see is a few Implement-based feats along the lines of the martial classes' weapon-based feats. That'd help out both the Warlock and the Wizard for feat selection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads