• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warforged conversion?

Lojaan

Hero
Hi guys, I'm sure this has been a topic before but by search-fu is letting me down.

Does anyone know if there is a standard Warforged conversion for PF? I have a player wanting to play one and the concept is solid.

The actual stat bonuses/penalties aren't as critical as all the other stuff.

Thanks!

Volaran

First Post
Warforged are not open content, so only WotC can publish an official version of them. You won't see a standard/official Pathfinder version.

As far as conversion goes, the race was pretty powerful for an ECL0 race in 3.5, so can probably be used for Pathfinder as-is. While skimming them, nothing really seems to need converting. You could change their ability bonuses and penalties to meet the cumulative +2 offered to the other PC races, but they have a lot of benefits and immunities, so it probably isn't necessary.

If you are playing in Golarion, and wish to use the warforged, you may wish to check out the country of Numeria, and specifically their automatons. These creatures feature a mysterious origin and, as far as I am aware, haven't been given stats. They have always struck me as something the designers may have left open and vague in case anyone wanted to play a warforged in the Pathfinder world.

Kaisoku

First Post
The only thing of major conversion importance would be the critical hits factor. If you can critical hit/sneak attack a Golem now, then the Warforged probably shouldn't have the fortification effect anymore.

If you want the thread that had a lot more discussion on the topic (healing in a game without repair spells, etc), and several fan-made conversions, the thread is here: Pathfinderize the Warforged.

Hi guys, I'm sure this has been a topic before but by search-fu is letting me down.

Does anyone know if there is a standard Warforged conversion for PF? I have a player wanting to play one and the concept is solid.

The actual stat bonuses/penalties aren't as critical as all the other stuff.

Thanks!

Most of the warforged abilities, IMO, work as-is. For the eberron game I'm going to be running I removed the light fortification and added low-light vision and darkvision.

Lojaan

Hero
Ok this is what I'm thinking of going with let me know if it seems over/underpowered;

Warforged
+2 Str, +2 Con, -2 Wis: Warforged are tough and strong, but as created beings lack the intuition necessary to be truly perceptive

Medium: As Medium constructs, warforged have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Warforged base land speed is 30 feet.

Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: None

Living Construct: Warforged are living constructs that combine aspects of both constructs and living creatures, as detailed below;
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion and effects that cause the sickened condition. Warforged are not immune to paralysis unless it is caused by any of the preceding conditions.
- A warforged does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe, but he can still benefit from the effects of consumable spells and magic items such as heroes’ feast and potions.
- A warforged cannot heal damage naturally.
- When his hit points are less than 0 and greater than –10, a warforged is inert. He is unconscious and helpless, and he cannot perform any actions.
However, an inert warforged does not lose additional hit points unless more damage is dealt to him, as with a living creature that is stable.
- Spells from the healing subschool and supernatural abilities that cure hit point damage or ability damage provide only half their normal effect to a warforged.
- warforged can be affected by spells that target living creatures as well as by those that target constructs. Damage dealt to a warforged can be healed by a cure light wounds spell or a repair light damage spell, for example, and a warforged is vulnerable to disable construct and harm.
- A warforged takes damage from heat metal and chill metal as if he were wearing metal armor. Likewise, a warforged is affected by repel metal or stone as if he were wearing metal armor. A warforged is repelled by repel wood. The iron in the body of a warforged makes him vulnerable to rusting grasp. The creature takes 2d6 points of damage from the spell (Reflex half; save DC 14 + caster’s ability modifier). A warforged takes the same damage from a rust monster’s touch (Refl ex DC 17 half).
Spells such as stone to flesh, stone shape, warp wood, and wood shape affect objects only, and thus cannot be used on the stone and wood parts of a warforged.
- Adaptive plating: warforged have no natural armor and instead can adapt any medium sized armor to their own body. Armor adapted for a warforged takes 10 times as long to equip or remove, but the warforged receives no penalty for never removing it, such as with sleeping in armor. All the bonuses and penalties (AC, armor check penalty etc..) of the armor apply as normal.

I went with a mix of 3.5 and 4ed. I decided on the -2 Wis instead of the usual Cha as the character is a paladin and I thought the Cha hit a bit rough. Also I imagine warforged could be awe-inspiring enough (good cha), but potentially easily manipulated (low Wis). I went the simplest way out in regards to armor

What do you think?

Dingo333

First Post
That sounds like a good conversion

You should check out the Beastiary 2, a lot of the golems there have X spell does Y instead of or in addition to whatever it normally does

EX: Adamantine Golem, Transmute Metal to wood slows an Adamantine Golem for 1d4 rounds, change DR to 15/adamantine (no save)

EX: Clockwork Golem, Rusting Grasp deals damage to a clockwork golem normally, and makes the golem staggered for 1d6 rounds (no save)

What you have doesn't need this, but it worth it to look through for ideas

Remove ads