• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Warcaster or Resilient(con)?

Vitor Bastos

Explorer
Hey guys.

I need a little help deciding my 4th level feat.

I am a Variant Human Tempest Cleric.
My stats are 16/12/13/10/16/8. (standard array)
I took HAM on level 1.
I have 25 Hitpoints.
My AC is 18, I wield a Warhammer + Shield.
My party also has a Fighter (tank), a Sorcerer, a Monk and a Rogue.

*Things to take in account: My DM already lets me use spells wielding shield and weapon. He also let me have booming blade as a cantrip.

Should I grab Warcaster or Resilient(con) and why?

EDIT: More important information> We are running Curse of Strahd campaign and the DM said our "endgame level" would be around level 10.
EDIT2: Another sugestion would be going for +2Wis at lvl4 .

Last edited:

Mort

Legend
Supporter
Hey guys.

I need a little help deciding my 4th level feat.

I am a Variant Human Tempest Cleric.
My stats are 16/12/13/10/16/8. (standard array)
I took HAM on level 1.
I have 25 Hitpoints.
My AC is 18, I wield a Warhammer + Shield.
My party also has a Fighter (tank), a Sorcerer, a Monk and a Rogue.

*Things to take in account: My DM already lets me use spells wielding shield and weapon. He also let me have booming blade as a cantrip.

Should I grab Warcaster or Resilient(con) and why?

Depends.

Are you making lots of concentration checks in combat (or otherwise to maintain spells)? if yes, plus for warcaster.

Are you getting lots of opportunity attacks? If yes, with booming blade, big plus for warcaster.

Is your CON 13? Big plus for resilient.

Are you making lots of con checks/saves that have nothing to do with concentration? plus for resilient.

Dausuul

Legend
Given your odd-numbered Con, I agree with the general sentiment: Resilient is better.

War Caster does let you use Booming Blade for OAs. If you're in the front line a lot, that's pretty nice. Overall, Resilient is the stronger pick, though.

Vitor Bastos

Explorer
There are two things I forgot to say: We are running Curse of Strahd campaign and the DM said our "endgame level" would be around level 10.

Vitor Bastos

Explorer
With an odd Con, go Resilient all the way

How are you liking your character?

Loving my character. He worships Thor so everything I do involves lightning and thunder! I even killed a foe spinning my warhammer, just like thor lol
Im really suprised of how much I like Tempest Cleric, amazing!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads