• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Warblade suggestions requested.....

akbearfoot

First Post
***Disclaimer, there are a few spoilers for the early parts of Age of Worms*** And please don't spoil anything for me beyond what I mention. Encountering a beholder at 4th level was already scary enough!

hey guys. I was just curious if anyone has any suggestions/advice for my character. I think I've got him pretty much planned all the way to 20th but I was curious if there was anything I should do differently. It's not exactly a normal warblade build, but sofar its been a lot of fun.

A few notes...Ebberron books, PHB, DMG, and the Bo9S are the only books I am allowed to use. Basically we all were allowed to pick a single splatbook to incorporate into our characters. DM wanted to limit the cheeze somewhat, but we also all got some sort of custom item/ability to help out. We are the heroes afterall, and we're trying to stop the Age of Worms Prophecy from becoming reality! We know there are lots of undead, and lots of worms, and general icky bad stuff since the DM has incorporated the Quiori into the plot.

My bonus ability was free minor Djinni bloodline from the UA book, with the option to buy the intermediate and major with the first level loss being free. Additionally he's giving me 1d8 hit dice for those levels even though it normally does not grant hit points. Currently I have spent 1 level for intermediate bloodline. Once I take another Bloodline level I will gain the major template. His heritage is somehow tied to the Wind Dukes who helped fight against the Quiori in an ancient war, and his bloodline powers began manifesting after we discovered the Wind Duke tomb in the Whispering Cairn.

We just hit 7th level, which makes me Warblade6/Bloodline1. Here are my current plans.

Feats: Power Attack, Bastard Sword Proficiency, Vital Recovery, Improved Initiative(B), Blind Fight(B), Adaptive Style

Current maneuvers: Moment of Perfect Mind, Steel Wind, Iron Heart Surge, White Raven Tactics(not useable on self), Tactical Strike, White Raven Strike. Punishing Stance, Pearl of Black Doubt Stance.

8th War7 taking Mithril Tornado
9th Blood2 gain full bloodline template, Unarmed Strike and Dodge(B)
10 War8 swap Steel Wind for DIsrupting Blow
11 Swdsage1 Weapon Focus (Diamond Mind)
Cloak of Deception, Shadow Jaunt, Claw at the Moon, Death From Above, Counter Charge, Feigned Opening, Step of the Wind stance or possibly island of blades instead.

12-16 will be all 5 levels of Master of 9 Prc
Stances I like a lot are Wolvorine stance at 13, taking a defender strike so I can take Thicket of blades at 15th level. Step of the dancing moth at 17th, and Stance of Alacrity at 19th. Not sure if any ofthe other stances would give me more versatility.

17th Swdsage 2 taking inferno blade (cant believe it doesent have a prereq)

18-20 warblade 9-11 final 9th level maneuvers = Time stands still and strike of perfect clarity.

The basic idea is to have a few big strikes handy including mithril hurricane and eventually adamantite hurricane, and leave several maneuvers ready for emergency movement/escape/counters. In my imagination using a move action to shadow stride into a cluster of 3 or more bad guys, activating inferno blade and then Adamantite hurricane sounds wicked cool.

Or Time Stands Still followed by a Giralon Windmill Fleshrip.

I know how obscene Greater insightful strike is though with a +concentration item...It will prolly be a bread and butter attack for a long time.

If anyone has experience with some of these maneuvers or general advice it would be greatly appreciated.

I was quite happy to see how well the Djinni bloodline synergized with the Mo9 Prc and the Diamond mind discipline.

The first enchantments on my weapon will probably be discipline weapon for both Diamond mind and Iron Heart. If the DM will let me find someone capable of crafting them. I need all the hit bonuses I can get to compensate for my lower BAB.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads