• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Uses for Campaign Suite

gariig

First Post
I was just wondering if I could get some ideas on how to use this little gem. Just picked it up and I'm still fumbling through it and trying to figure out how this will help me with preparation. Stuff I'm looking for is how to speed up using it, how to move my files between my computer and laptop, and just things in general that help make things go quicker.

Gariig

Twin Rose

First Post
Naturally, the help files are a good source of information. And a couple little tips - if you are in doubt about something, hold the mouse over it and read the tips. And, if you need more, right click. Many lists and other items will have a right-click menu that pops up, letting you know the best things to do in that situation.

As for moving files around, it really depends on what you are trying to make it do for you at the moment. Dungeons, overland encounters and treasures are all stored in your CMP (Campaign) file, and can be transferred easily. You can also export them to RTF, so you could take them anywhere, even where people aren't using CS if you need to print them.

Races, classes, feats, PrCs, etc are saved in your CSC (Configuration), so that the game information can be used in Chargen and a couple of other places.

Velik

First Post
If you just got it I would recomend reading the help file and simply playing around with it. Its quite easy to use so it shouldn't take you long to figure out how it will best serve you. I sat down one afternoon and put in a bunch of generic profession templates for all the common NPCs, (took me about an hour to make about 30) like I made template for a "thug" set for 1st lvl, 4 lvl, and 8th lvl so whenever I need an NPC resembling anything close to a thug I use the character wizard and zap one out. I did this for as many generic NPCs archtypes as I thought I might use..inn keepers, town gaurds, merchants etc.

As for moving between computes its pretty simple also, either save your configuration or your campaign file (the guy who made CS just organized it so you can quickly tell which one to save it under) and move that file to your other comp and load/open it up through the file menu.

Hope that helps

Twin Rose

First Post
Anna and Gariig: Can you guys email me? I'd rather not send you anything unsolicited, and I'd like to see about getting you set up if it's still something you'd like to do.

And if you've found anything else you'd like to see, just let me know :)

Remove ads