• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ultimate Magus and Spont/prep casting

NEXxREX

First Post
a character concept i was toying around with was the ultimate magus, which i really like but i was wondering if there was any other classes that advanced prepared and spontaneous arcane spell casting as well?

Empirate

First Post
You're out of luck - although one could read the Uncanny Trickster's "any class feature" progression as also progressing dual casting progression. I'm not of the opinion it does, but YMMV. Take a look at Uncanny Trickster in Complete Scoundrel and you'll see what I mean.

Jeffrie

First Post
Personally, i would allow UT to progress dual casting.

To enter UT needs 4 tricks, which is theoretically 8th level. First level of UT loses "any class feature" (and therefor caster level). It's also only 2/3 levels.

By the time the character wigs out UM, or MT or FL or AH, she is already looking for more caster levels. I can really only see the UT entry working for certain character concepts.

Thrallherd

First Post
Uncanny Trickster pales in comparison to the Legacy Champion from Weapons of Legacy. Same ability to advance precious classes, but in a ten level PrC. There are only two levels that don't advance previous classes, and the prerequisites are only one feats and 5 skill ranks. Unfortunately, one of the requirements is Character Level 10.

RUMBLETiGER

Adventurer
Uncanny Trickster pales in comparison to the Legacy Champion from Weapons of Legacy. Same ability to advance precious classes, but in a ten level PrC. There are only two levels that don't advance previous classes, and the prerequisites are only one feats and 5 skill ranks. Unfortunately, one of the requirements is Character Level 10.
A fantastic, under-appreciated book. Thank you for the reminder of it's existence, I think I need to reread it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads