• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ukraine invasion

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
I just donated to Doctors Without Borders. Not bragging, or trying to start something. I just wanted to share my experience.

I followed the link above. They have a big red donate button. They give several different options for donations. They have a credit card and Pay Pal option for payment. It was real quick and easy.

It's a charity I've thought of supporting in the past. I'm in a position where I can give a little to help.

Aeson

I don't recall seeing donating blood as a suggestion earlier. I guess I was too hopeful for it. I still think it's something our European friends can do to help. Maybe this could encourage Americans to donate to help locally.

moriantumr

Explorer
I bake for fun, and work very part time in a neighborhood bakery. I found a recipe for a Ukrainian honey babka and did a test bake hoping to bake some at work and offer it for donations to Voices for Children. The test bake at home went well and my wife put it up on Facebook offering a piece for 2 dollars that would then get donated. I have baked 2 more cakes and have gathered more than 300 dollars with more to come.
I have learned that making donations accessible can make a huge difference. Many who bought cake did not know where to begin and were glad of direction.
I thought I might be able to leverage 10 dollars of ingredients and a few hours of work to help a bit, but it is much more than I anticipated.

66777365512__543846A1-0264-4F17-AF54-2E0654FF7122.JPG

Aeson

During these conflicts there is always news that just surprises me. I just read an article about Ukrainian citizens being worried about having to declare captured Russian military scrap on their taxes. The answer is apparently no.
I read the headline and was amused. lol

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I bake for fun, and work very part time in a neighborhood bakery. I found a recipe for a Ukrainian honey babka and did a test bake hoping to bake some at work and offer it for donations to Voices for Children. The test bake at home went well and my wife put it up on Facebook offering a piece for 2 dollars that would then get donated. I have baked 2 more cakes and have gathered more than 300 dollars with more to come.
I have learned that making donations accessible can make a huge difference. Many who bought cake did not know where to begin and were glad of direction.
I thought I might be able to leverage 10 dollars of ingredients and a few hours of work to help a bit, but it is much more than I anticipated.

View attachment 152665
Umm, could we get this recipe?

Aeson

View attachment 152665
Great idea. It was more than you anticipated good or bad? Don't take on more than you can handle.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
i was watching a D&D stream last night and a person commented " i didnt like the person speaking in a russian accent" . i actually worry that there will be a persecution of immigrants from russia due to their leaders
One reminder I've seen and definitely agree with is that local Ukrainian AND Russian people, and their churches, charities and small businesses where we live could use our support, and certainly none of our hostility.

Regular folks from these countries, especially ones who've immigrated abroad, bear no responsibility for the military decisions back "home", and certainly shouldn't come in for any social or other mistreatment.

Last edited:

Sacrosanct

Legend
i was watching a D&D stream last night and a person commented " i didnt like the person speaking in a russian accent" . i actually worry that there will be a persecution of immigrants from russia due to their leaders
It's already happened, that I've seen personally. And Americans being Americans, they can't tell if someone is from Ukraine or Russia by accent alone, so a whole lot of people not even Russian OR Ukrainian are getting lumped into the harassment.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads