• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Weapon Fighting Ranger Issues

Rineran Foxfire

First Post
I decided on my stats such as this using the 15 point buy system, my stat points at every 4th lvl will go into STR, I'm doing Skirmisher archetype as it fits my character idea of being a rogue hybrid. Rogue will be my secondary class for at least 5 levels to gain 3 Sneak attack d6.

STR 14
DEX 18
Con 12
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 7

Dingo333

First Post
Are those scores before or after racial adjustments?

if after, what race?

If going rouge for the sneak attack damage, I would recomend getting 1 more point in Int, as this will allow you to use Major Magic Rouge talent, And you can take a low level Invisibility with it (Vanish is the spell, invisibility but only for 5 rounds max) Allows you to move into position, then full attack with little fear of strikes as moving, and attacks by invisible creatures always allow sneak attack additions (provided the target takes sneak attacks damage)

Rineran Foxfire

First Post
Thats after racial, I'm playing a Human so I wasnt too worried about int, the 15 point buy system doesnt really allow much room for change unless i want to gimp my 18 dex score

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It'll eat an extra feat to do it, but you might take a look at the Sawtooth Sabre. If you have the Exotic Weapon Proficiency to use it, it counts as a light blade for purposes of TWF and does 1d8/19-20/x2. Still a one handed weapon for all other purposes so you can't use Weapon Finesse.

Dingo333

First Post
If you are interested in an exotic weapon, I recomend changing the race to 1/2 elf

Replace adaptability (bonus skill focus feat) with ancestral arms (bonus proficency with some weapon, would replace bonus 1st level feat), gain 2 favored classes, +2 perception, low light vision, Elf immunities, and a bonus language

All you lose is a bonus skill point, but as you can get an extra one you weren't gonna be able to get due to favored class, it balances out with everything else you gain IMO

This is really if you want an exotic weapon though, if you are fine with basic martial weapons, you should stay human

I don't know how much money you have, or how easy it is to get magic items, but your should look at the sun blade (core book, p476). Basically, it is a bastard sword you can use as if it is a short sword (and some other abilities that are very situational). For all purposes, you treat it as a bastard sword or a short sword, whichever is better for you. It is a +2 weapon.

It is a shortsword, allowing you to use weapon finesse, and use it in your off hand, it is a bastard sword for damage, it is either when you are tallying up feat effects (things like weapon focus wont stack, but weapon focus either will apply). It costs 50,335gp, but considering its effects, worth every copper I feel

atra2

Explorer
After spending 3 levels and 1 BAB to get the first +2d6 sneak, you're spinning your wheels with an extra (4th) rogue level each time you "purchase" +2d6 sneak for 1 BAB.

(You need to buy levels 4, 5, 6, AND 7 next, for example)

Moral of the story:

Unless there is a special rogue ability and/or skill (or skills) you wish to pump up, the ideal number of rogue levels to mix in is three (3).

Last edited:

Remove ads