• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traveling through Vancouver/Victoria Island Canada

Nebten

First Post
Hey Gang,<O:p</O:p

I will be embarking on a road trip from California to Alaska and back within the next week. During my travels I'll be able to visit Vancouver & Victoria Island in Canada. Since I'll be able to spend my time on the way back, arrival time will be between mid to late October. While I have guides and books, I would like to hear from the gamer community about what to check out (especially from natives). Any recommendations from sites, locations, bars, food, entertainment, etc etc. I'll probably spend just a few days in this location before traveling home.
<O:p</O:p
On the gaming side, if there is a place that hosts Pathfinder Society games let me know the contact information of the place that is having it.<O:p</O:p

Thanx for your input,<O:p</O:p
Neb<O:p</O:p

Kaodi

Hero
It has been a long time since I have been out West, but the two things I remember from Vancouver Island are, I believe, the Victoria Butterfly Gardens in Victoria, of course, and the Elk Falls Provincial Park in outside Campbell River. Though the latter was more notable at the time because at the time it was being used to film the bridge scene in The 13th Warrior. The Butterfly Gardens are probably worth checking out though, because it is hard to go to Vancouver Island and miss Victoria.

Gronin

Explorer
I spent two weeks on Vancouver Island last summer and there is a lot to do.

I would suggest Tourism British Columbia | Official Travel Website of BC Canada as a great place to start looking at attractions throughout the province of B.C.

Some things that I would suggest would be some ocean kayaking (I was in Ucluelet -- west coast of the island).

If you are into outdoor adventure there is Wild Play which is bungee jumping and Monkido courses (obstacle course and zip lines in the trees) -- Attractions in Nanaimo | WildPlay Element Parks

There are some cool caves in Horne Lakes Provincial Park -- Horne Lake Caves, Camping and Family Adventures On Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada

Victoria itself is a beautiful city and Buchart Gardens (just north of Victoria) is worth the visit -- The Butchart Gardens - Home Saturday nights have a great fireworks show.

I'm sure there is plenty of other things to do and see but those were some of the highlights for me. Can't speak to the gaming community there as I live in southern Alberta.

Hope this helps -- enjoy the trip, sounds like it will be a blast.

GreyLord

Legend
If you are going that way anyways I'd highly suggest you take the ferries and see the San Juan Islands. They are in that area as well.

From either Victoria or the San Juans you can get boats to take you looking for Orcas and whales, and fishing is pretty interesting.

Also, some of the smaller major islands out there are pretty interesting just to wander and see the life on them (I recall Shaw Island in particular). Then you have the REALLY small islands which are interesting to wander around on.

Remove ads