• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TownGen: You out there?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
it's been weeks since I heard anything about this product? Is the guy still alive and developing? I really wanted to use that prodcut allot!

malakai6276

First Post
Leopold... which TownGen are you refering to? Jamis used to hav one on his website that was integrated with his online NPC char gen. Is that the one you are refering to? Do you have a link to the thread where this concept was discussed?

Leopold

NKL4LYFE
this was a VB app that was selfinclused. It was simply called towngen. The User ID was called towngen. Do a serach on this forum for that User ID and that topic if you can. It's in the software forums here so it will be easy to find.

Jamis' is nice, but this was going to be much much better.

towngen

First Post
Hi! Yes, I'm still out here.

My real name is Walter if you're interested. I wasn't aware someone else went by towngen at sometime. Sorry about the confusion.

I don't check back here all that often, except after I post a beta version.

I am in the process of converting all of my existing code to nicely structured classes (not classes in the role-playing sense, but classes in the object oriented programming sense) from the spagetti code I started with.

It takes quite some time to do but I'm slowly plugging away at it. I have a LOT of other commitments with my time, so I can only spend a few hours at a time working on this. I am a self-employeed computer programmer, so time I spend working on this is time I spend not making any money. If this program ever makes me anything, I'm sure it will probably come out to much less than minimum wage considering the hours I've put in this. Also, bear in mind that I'm just 1 person, not a whole team of programmers working 40 hour weeks on this. This is a large significant project.

Anyway, I'm glad to see that someone is still interesting in what I'm doing. Thanks! Did you have a specific question or were you just getting antsy and wanting an update?

The Yahoo email service turned off popmail support unless you pay for it, so I check that email a whole lot less often than before (it was being auto-checked every 5 minutes all day everyday, but now I'm lucky if I look at it once every 3 days). Sorry. I actually come look at this forum more often than I check that email. I'd prefer not to give out my regular email accounts publicly. They have a way of becomming spam magnets when you do that and my accounts a jammed enough as it is.

Walter

Remove ads