• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Are Superhero films dying?

Are they?

• Yes - thanks to the occult powers of Martin Scorcese

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Sorta - but more settling at a lower plateau, because everything that goes up must come down

Votes: 72 58.5%
  • Nope - just a lull; they'll be back, big time

Votes: 24 19.5%

Zardnaar

Legend
Spiderverse made over a billion dollars, it could have been expensive to make and still have been a huge success.

Derp I thought you meant that animated one.

It's 2023 specifically that's been brutal to Superheros films. You still had several breaking 700+ million post covid through 2022.

Or are you meaning that last live action one?

Kaodi

Hero
I think I am going to go see The Marvels on Friday. The main thing is that it looks like the theatre is no longer showing it in 3D, and I have pretty much only seen Marvel movies in 3D for ages, so the fact that that is no longer an option kinda makes me wonder whether I should just wait and see. But I still want to give the middle finger to the haters too, and, I mean, Iman Vellani is very Canadian, and Brie Larson is reasonably Canadian.

That is actually one thing that I think will be worth watching for when Deadpool 3 comes out: in theory the Canadian box office for that film should be absolutely wild.

I think he's been cruising on GotG vibes for a while.
Just something to mention. Taken on it's own, GotG could be classed as a comic book based space opera, like Flash Gordon, Barbarella, and Valerian and the Excessively Long Subtitle, rather than a superhero movie.

This particular sub-genre is more popular in France. I blame Jules Verne.

Zardnaar

Legend
Just something to mention. Taken on it's own, GotG could be classed as a comic book based space opera, like Flash Gordon, Barbarella, and Valerian and the Excessively Long Subtitle, rather than a superhero movie.

This particular sub-genre is more popular in France. I blame Jules Verne.

I watched the first one and wife tried to convince me to watch it.

'It's not really a super hero movie".

All she had to say is "wanna watch this with me".

I'm neutral on the genre I like some eg Blade Batman 1989, Dark Knight, Avengers etc.

I don't crave them though.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
You might have mixed it up with Spiderman : No way home
That almost got to $2 billion, and is a Spiderman multiverse film.

I must admit, the need to keep using the word 'home' in each of the Spiderman live action film titles does make things confusing sometimes.

Pitch for the next Spiderman movie:

Spiderman: Homeward Bound

Peter Parker ditches his fiancée, MJ, when meets a mysterious older woman for late-night trysts. Sound track by Simon & Garfunkel.

Remove ads