• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E This is why there are no Gnomes in 4e..

Andor

First Post
MGG1210.gif

Driddle

First Post
Ah!
So the dog in this strip represents the 4th edition design team, right? And their inability to give gnomes a racial identity?
Very insightful.

Ragnar69

First Post
You are wrong, it's because of the Book of Erotic Fantasy. There they are portraied as bisexual gangbangers....images in my head...burned in forever.

Makes you see Gnome (N)PCs with completly different eyes :uhoh:

Lord Fyre

First Post
Driddle said:
Ah!
So the dog in this strip represents the 4th edition design team, right? And their inability to give gnomes a racial identity?
Very insightful.

Actually, WoTC have said as much. Or rather they are having difficulty agreeing on a racial identity for the Gnome. :D

They could have tried something similar to Changeling, also having the gnomes come from Feywild, except where elves/eladrin/drow were the nobility, Gnomes were the commoners in Feywild. Of course that would create some distrust between the 2 races that weren't there, but it would be something to add.

Cyronax

Explorer
Ragnar69 said:
You are wrong, it's because of the Book of Erotic Fantasy. There they are portraied as bisexual gangbangers....images in my head...burned in forever.

Makes you see Gnome (N)PCs with completly different eyes :uhoh:

I never thought I'd see some of those words written on EN World......

That Book of Erotic Fantasy is a travesty.

Gnomes are my favorite non-human PC race.

C.I.D.

Andor

First Post
TroyXavier said:
Gnomes should be information brokers. It's the perfect role for them.

A whole race of information brokers? That's almost as nonsensical as the Star Wars "all Hutts are gangsters" thing. Makes you wonder what they eat if there are no farmers or hunters...

Remove ads