D&D 5E The Statistics of Stick Bugs

An essential addition to your menagerie; sugar glider included.

Today on EN5ider we have an excellent addition to your bestiary! With the abundance of variety among the beasts of nature there should be an abundance of statblocks for the particularly curious, quizzical, and strange animals—and here it is! This article covers 18 different CR 0 critters: armadillo, axolotl, dragonfly, dwarf seal, giant hornet, hooded vulture, hummingbird, koala, marmoset, mole, moth, otter, platypus, quokka, skunk, stick bug, sugar glider, and turtle. Don't GM in the wilderness without it! Diligently designed by Andrew Engelbrite, illustrated by Júlio Rocha.

Each week EN5ider gives you 5E supplements and adventures in your inbox for less than the cost of a cup of coffee! Join EN5ider and get instant access to the library of 540+ articles!

Not sure? Check out some of our free articles first, including a complete adventure, the smart-fighting savant class, a thrilling sidequest, the truth THEY don't want you to know, and an epic quest you might find famili—on second thought nevermind, it’s very silly.

JulioRocha_En5inder_Druid-with-animals shrunk.jpg

Lately on EN5ider:
  • 548. Monstrous Menagerie: Unfamiliars. With the abundance of variety among the beasts of nature there should be an abundance of statblocks for the particularly curious, quizzical, and strange animals—and here it is! This article covers 18 different CR 0 critters: armadillo, axolotl, dragonfly, dwarf seal, giant hornet, hooded vulture, hummingbird, koala, marmoset, mole, moth, otter, platypus, quokka, skunk, stick bug, sugar glider, turtle. Don't GM in the wilderness without it! Diligently designed by Andrew Engelbrite, illustrated by Júlio Rocha.
  • 547. Villain Spotlight: Harviskari the Void Mage. From her secluded and mysterious tower in the haunted woods of Spinnelund the void mage watches the goings on of Elissar, enacts potent rituals, and pursues knowledge that has seen her rejected by even the fell sages of the Festung. Unbelievable arcane power waits within the fingertips of Harviskari—ready to be unleashed on fools that dare stand between her and that which she seeks. Dastardly designed by Mike Myler, illustrated by Júlio Rocha.
  • 546. Dangerous Scenarios: To Hold The Line. The Border Kingdoms of Elissar are all dominions of their own yet when a great enough threat arises they can be united to stand together. Now is one of those times as a massive warband of monsters and worse are on the march, a critical piece of territory between them the keystone of the defenders' plans to halt the invaders—provided that the adventurers can hold it long enough. Dutifully designed by Tyler Omichinski, illustrated by Xanditz, and featuring the cartography of Dyson Logos.
  • 545. Borok the Burning's Bounty. Once more an ancient draconic threat looms over Elissar, though this time it hails from the chilly south and for now the winged serpent's secretive influence is limited to its emissary: the mysterious fiery bandit known as Borok the Burning. Under his leadership the disparate raiders of the Laskian Mountains have banded together into the formidable Pyre, raising settlements across the tundra with abandon. Tonie Ankrifkadóttir (the karnir of the capital of Icegarten) has posted a bounty of 600 gold for whoever can take the bandit leader's head—yet the many that have tried have all died in the attempt. This adventure for 4–6 PCs of 6th level was devotedly designed by RK Robison, illustrated by Yeysson Bellaisa, and features the cartography of Kate Moody and Russ Morrissey.
  • 544. Villain Spotlight: Rotting Druid. Decay is not just a part of nature, it can be a powerful system of belief and means to attain power. A potent example of that is decomposing Demois, feared far and wide as the Rotting Druid (CR 14). Completely slaying this man-turned-mass of worms is practically impossible, his consciousness spread out into thousands of wriggling creatures and intelligent rotting fragment (CR 12) copies created to serve his will! Disgustingly designed by Michael McCarthy, illustrated by Júlio Rocha.

Mike Myler

Mike Myler

Vincent55

Adventurer
ryan reynolds hd GIF

Vincent55

Adventurer
For me it's having some worthy candidates for a new bags of tricks, although I think this is also an amazing entry for the druids out there.
honestly, it is just a cosmetic thing they are 0 levels and really the stats and anything else doesn't matter to have anyway, so I find it a waste of time to stat out something that will poof gone in a second, from a DM standpoint. In things like this, I just tell players they have something and don't stress the small stuff. I for the life of me don't understand why people need the stats for everything, write some numbers and the idea you want and go with it, it's not going to break the game, unlike some feats and powers and abilities, they seem to just want to wing it with.

Vincent55

Adventurer
or just use something stated already, i for one would just have a stat for a small bug that could be used for all bugs, adding other things on the fly if need be. But hay i guess if you need to make some money then stating a bunch of stuff is easy money then.

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
or just use something stated already, i for one would just have a stat for a small bug that could be used for all bugs, adding other things on the fly if need be. But hay i guess if you need to make some money then stating a bunch of stuff is easy money then.
Weird circle back but I appreciate it! ♥

We have your small universal bug stats, and you can use the statistics of other critters in here in the same manner as you've described to cover an enormous array of beasts.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads