• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The New Ultimate Spider-Man

Welverin

First Post
Count me as one of the fans who is waiting for Joe Quesada to get fired, or removed from influencing my childhood idol.

You read it, you can't unread it.

Quesada leaving Marvel won't undo and of the crap he's wrought, all it will do is prevent him from doing anything else to sully the Marvel U (not that that's a small thing).

SpydersWebbing

First Post
That's what retconning the retcon's for. As far as the new Spidey is concerned, if he's a good character I'll like him. But I'm not holding my breath.

Reboots and rewrites are common place in comicbook lore. Superman has been rebooted basically every ten years since the 70's.

It's for the same reasons (or at least similiar) as why we have 2nd, 3rd, 3.5, and 4th editions of DnD.

Keep it new, unpredictable and fun.

Just like DnD, we begrudge these changes but when the next change happens we defend the prior existing storyline.

Black Omega

First Post
Reboots and rewrites are common place in comicbook lore. Superman has been rebooted basically every ten years since the 70's.

All true. Retcons can be stealth, what do you mean he's still alive??? moments. Or part of some big event, like Spidey losing his memory and wife. Or just Superboy Prime's retcon punch changing the universe;)

I read somewhere that the comic industry assumes that 90% of the fan base turns over every 5-10 years. So continuity is less important since the vast majority of fans have only read the more recent issues of a comic.

And besides, this is not the first black spiderman...;)

http://www.eatliver.com/img/2009/4720.jpg

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads