• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The New Convert Support Group

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
Okay, I've noticed quite a few people over the last day or so who have decided that, despite previous hesitancy, they're now in for 4E. This is the thread in which to out yourselves officially.

Are you a recovering 3e grognard? Have you been blinded by the Cascade of Light? If you can't beat 'em, join 'em?

Post here and be heard!

Transit

First Post
I've noticed quite a few people over the last day or so who were really excited about 4E, but now that they've seen actual content have jumped ship back to 3.5. Do they get a thread too?

Wolfspider

Explorer
Transit said:
I've noticed quite a few people over the last day or so who were really excited about 4E, but now that they've seen actual content have jumped ship back to 3.5. Do they get a thread too?

I don't see why not! Why don't you start one?

Wormwood

Adventurer
Transit said:
Sure they do.

They just don't get THIS thread.

edit: which is getting derailed nicely. Good work.

Anyone want to buy my 3.5 Eberron stuff?

Edit: I'm in, in a toe-dipping I'll experiment sorta way. Keeping most of my 3.5 stuff ... but I was never much of an Eberron fan anyway.

Last edited:

Wolfspider

Explorer
I guess I will out myself here. I like what I've seen of the crunch so far. I'm still not very fond of the fluff changes, but I think I can ignore them.

Since my gaming group is not as impressed with the changes as I am, I imagine I'll keep playing v3.5. I do plan on implimenting a lot of house rules that mimic some of the things I like in 4e. I'm hoping to recruit some new blood in the area, maybe even on campus.

Darrin Drader

Explorer
My name is Darrin Drader and I'm in for 4th edition....

Much to my surprise. The review on DMing makes it look like the game will be more fun to play, easier to run, and easier to customize to fit varying play styles. It's what I've been asking for, so why not embrace it once WotC has delivered it.

I'm sure that I'll miss 3.5 on some level, and there is definitely a ton of fluff scattered across two large bookshelves that should be salvageable, but this actually looks like a winner.

Oh my, what have I done?

FickleGM

Explorer
In the beginning (a few months ago), I was onboard. Then there were little things that really got under my skin, including fanboys, role emphasis, and powers for martial classes (I felt that they would be "magic").

I went back to True20. Then, my True20 games started bogging down, so I gave SWSE a shot. I've been enjoying SWSE immensely.

At first, this piqued my interest for 4e, but then some of those little things started bothering me again. I figured that I may eventually get 4e, but my SWSE games would have priority.

Over the last day and a half, I've become a complete convert. Once you start liking something, you can overlook the fanboys. I saw that the role emphasis didn't appear to have as negative an effect as I had feared. I saw that the martial powers were actually martial and not "magical". So far, so good.

By no means am I blinded, and something could still push me back, but I feel very positive about what I've read. This should be an exciting summer.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads