• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The I'm not jealous of Gen Con attendees AT ALL thread

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
In this thread we shall post how totally non jealous we are of everyone going to Gen Con.

I, for example, will be re-organizing my gaming bookshelf by publication date. I await the execution of this activity with great anticipation and I'm sure it will be much more fun than gaming with thousands of people and chatting with industry developers.

How about you?

Wormwood

Adventurer
Exactly.

Five guys from my Thursday group are going to Gen-Con, and am I jealous? Ha! Not one tiny bit.

Instead of pulling a week of drunken gaming and debauchery, I'll finally get a chance to get that season of Iron Chef off my TiVo.

So enjoy your stupid dorky Con, guys. Kat Cora wants to show me how to sous-vide a duck.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Well I get to stay home and care for a cute baby, and a sleepless wife.
Leaving them alone for a week? not a good idea.

Plus the DNC will be in town! I don't get to go to that either (not for lack of trying, but I was beat by at least 16 of the other 800 people running for the states 13 open spots)

firesnakearies

Explorer
While those scrubs sit around in some sweaty convention hall watching 14-year-olds dressed up like Drizzt argue over the relative merits of Naruto versus InuYasha, I'll be having the REAL fun right here at home!

I get to floss my dogs' teeth. ALL three of 'em.

Eat it, suckers.

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Jealous of spending tons of money to be shoulder to gut with obese, sweaty fatbeards and their overcompensating girlfriends who really need to be told that they do not look hot in their Tomb Raider outfit when they're 50lbs overweight?

Not really.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
None of my players are going, so GenCon isn't disruptive to my group at all. Don't really feel jealous -- cons just aren't our kind of thing, I guess.

Those who are going, have fun!

Cheers, -- N

Remove ads