• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I found my post on the Citizens of the Imperium forum where I talked about what I ran. Man, that was a great group and a great campaign!
  • Adventure 1-The Kinunir, by Marc Miller (1979)
  • Adventure 2-Research Station Gamma, by Marc Miller (1980)
  • Adventure 3-Twilight's Peak, by Marc Miller (1980)
  • Adventure 6-Expedition to Zhodane, by Marc Miller (1981)
  • Adventure 11-Murder on Arcturus Station, by J. Andrew Keith (1983)
  • Boxed Adventure-Tarsus, by Marc W Miller and Loren K. Wiseman (1983)
  • Double Adventure 1-Shadows, by GDW (1980)
  • Double Adventure 1-Annic Nova, bChaptersy GDW (1980)
  • Double Adventure 2-Mission on Mithril, by Marc Miller (1980)
  • Double Adventure 2-Across the Bright Face, by Marc Miller (1980)
  • The Traveller Adventure Patron Encounter-Moving Day
  • The Traveller Adventure Exotic Encounter-Charter to Cratersea (highly variant)
  • The Traveller Book-Exit Visa (half of my campaign opener)
  • 76 Patrons 2-6 Players-6 Noble (the other half of my campaign opener)
  • 76 Patrons 2-6 Players-13 Courier
  • 76 Patrons 5-12 Players-19 Clerk (with four-armed screaming poo-flinging man-sized howler monkeys - it was glorious!)
  • 76 Patrons 5-12 Players-20 Peasant, Clerk
  • 76 Patrons 5-12 Players-34 Noble
  • 76 Patrons 9 or more Players-43 Smuggler, Speculator
  • JTAS #01 Amber Zone-Rescue On Ruie
  • JTAS #05 Amber Zone-Foodrunner
  • JTAS #13 Amber Zone-Lockbox
  • White Dwarf #57-Skyrig
  • Traveller's Digest #09 Grand Tour-Shoot-Out at Shudusham, by Gary L. Thomas
  • FASA A2 Action Aboard-Adventures on the King Richard
  • Secrets of the Ancients (Chapters 4, 5, and 6)

I went from LBB to Mongoose and the more I hear about what I missed in Travellers, the less im worried about it.
That probably explains why it's never let you down. Not everything you skipped was bad by any means, but there were some disappointments between those two. Still much more likely to reach for LBB than any of the other GDW editions, honestly.

I ran a 15-year-long Traveller Hero campaign, using the Traveller Hero products for stats but the GURPS Traveller stuff for fluff (when I needed to flesh out stuff from my Classic Traveller stuff).
How was Traveller Hero, anyway? It's one of the few Traveller things I never tried - none of the local stores ever stocked it and I'm lazy about mail ordering.

Mad_Jack

Legend
a "Rate My Professor" style site but for ENWorld posters (no chili peppers) would be actually helpful.

I'd give myself five out of five blue M&M's but only four out of five orange ones...

Which means absolutely nothing, cuz I just made all that crap up.

So now I've go a Fixer who thinks he's an avatar of god. For some reason this character had the best die rolls I can ever remember having consistently in any RPG. Facing a vampire? Yeah, who cares about fear rolls. Ghosts? They're just dead people. Were creatures? Screw it, I'm holy. Now they're hole-y.

Never roll dice with the clergy... In my 4th-grade Catholic Catechism class we let our teacher Sister Maria play with us since she let us use the room to play after class.

That woman could roll a Nat 20 on a D6. :rolleyes:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Work stuff:

I get that this issue is super-important to you (although not life- or career-threatening, let's be clear), but getting snarky that I didn't respond to your emails and text messages over the weekend is some unreasonable crap, sir. I said I have your back, and my track record -- easily found online -- should tell you that I do. Don't be a jerk to the person who's your best bet for getting this issue solved.

RealAlHazred

How was Traveller Hero, anyway? It's one of the few Traveller things I never tried - none of the local stores ever stocked it and I'm lazy about mail ordering.
Hero is a solid system. Except for superheroes, it's never going to be as good at reflecting a particular franchise as a dedicated, well-designed game, i.e. Pendragon; however, since the Superhero genre touches on every other genre, Hero (designed to reflect it) can as well. For Traveller, you implement a few common optional rules to emphasize the grittiness of it (like Bleeding and Hit Locations) and you're good. Then again, my group has played Hero for decades (Hârn Hero, BattleTech Hero, various Fantasy homebrew settings, and my current campaign, an 1870s mashup using this meme as a basis) so we're very comfortable with it.

EDIT: Oh, and when I started running Traveller Hero, none of the books had come out yet. I have them all now on PDF, but I originally started running from printouts of forum posts by the guys who eventually wrote it. So, I guess we were early adopters!

RealAlHazred

Work stuff:

I get that this issue is super-important to you (although not life- or career-threatening, let's be clear), but getting snarky that I didn't respond to your emails and text messages over the weekend is some unreasonable crap, sir. I said I have your back, and my track record -- easily found online -- should tell you that I do. Don't be a jerk to the person who's your best bet for getting this issue solved.
Nobody wants to work anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads