• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

But in such a crossover, it seems obvious Morgoth would pull in the power of his other avatars from other universes, such as Evil from Time Bandits. With the power of Evil (and the map of the Holes), Morgoth becomes unstoppable. QED.
Nah, evil (and Evil) can't trust each other the way the good guys do. Calling in a fellow avatar just gets them backstabbing each other while the heroes breeze through. Darth Helmet was projecting his own side's faults something fierce when he claimed good is dumb. Evil is even stupider about some things.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Bu

But in such a crossover, it seems obvious Morgoth would pull in the power of his other avatars from other universes, such as Evil from Time Bandits. With the power of Evil (and the map of the Holes), Morgoth becomes unstoppable. QED.

Are we talking about the same Morgoth? The one who let an elf stab him and went all hobbly after that? And who had someone sing him to sleep; someone who, while charismatic and a great singer, was no Julie Andrews? Wasn't he even afraid of a spider once?

[Edit: I mean seriously, didn't this whole thing start because he wasn't a team player and couldn't carry a tune?]

Last edited:

overgeeked

B/X Known World
Nah, evil (and Evil) can't trust each other the way the good guys do. Calling in a fellow avatar just gets them backstabbing each other while the heroes breeze through. Darth Helmet was projecting his own side's faults something fierce when he claimed good is dumb. Evil is even stupider about some things.
It’s not that one is more or less dumb than the other. They’re both dumb in different ways. Good follows a moral code that hamstrings them while evil screws over evil and falls to in fighting.

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
You knew that would start s[tuff] and you did it anyway and it started s[tuff]. Good job, have a cookie.

Are we talking about the same Morgoth? The one who let an elf stab him and went all hobbly after that? And who had someone sing him to sleep; someone who, while charismatic and a great singer, was no Julie Andrews? Wasn't he even afraid of a spider once?

[Edit: I mean seriously, didn't this whole thing start because he wasn't a team player and couldn't carry a tune?]
It's not like Evil was any great shakes either. At the end of the day, the only thing he accomplished was...blowing up a young boy's terrible parents? Great work there, Evil. Good job. And I do mean Good, which is the opposite of what you're supposed to be doing.

Last edited:

prabe

Tension, apprension, and dissension have begun
Supporter
I'd be willing to bet that more than 1% of all rules complaints are about the rule that says the referee can change the rules.
Yeah, I figure people who complain about the rules expect to be able to know the rules and expect the GM to play by the rules--or at least to be consistent in how they color outside them.

overgeeked

B/X Known World
I'd be willing to bet that more than 1% of all rules complaints are about the rule that says the referee can change the rules.
The referee being able to change the rules and make rulings is one of…if not the single most defining feature of tabletop RPGs. If players think it’s a bug, they’re playing the wrong games and would likely be happier with video games or board games.

Last edited:

Remove ads