• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I knew artiodactyl already, but that's a new on me. Pretty widely useful word too, it passes the "can I use it in relation to a Kamandi cover?" test with flying colors.

Revenge of the Whippomorph!
23-1.jpg

That is an alarming prospect on many levels, and is arguably even worse in coastal areas than riverine Africa. Were-hippos are scary but I wouldn't bet on one against a were-orca at all.

"First we have something destroying all the boat rudders, even the ones in dry dock. And now we have our third were-shark murder with the victims liver cut out!"

- Were-Cops episode 4 "No, not Orc,..."

(Or Fozzy Were in "Worca, Worca, Worca"?)

Last edited:

Were-cops really should have gotten a fourth season. I know the writing went downhill in season three but the acting was as good as ever, and the cancellation was more about budget than a ratings drop anyway.

Ryujin

Legend
I was reading a nearly Ron Goulart novel the other day that had a brief side scene involving a Big Boy statue that had fallen into the surf following an earthquake. One of his odd semi-dystopian pieces where the US basically falls apart and balkanizes into micro-states somewhere in around 2000AD, mostly as a setup for his sardonic protags to run around encountering weirdness while playing gumshoe detective/secret agent. His early scifi has the strangest tone, never been able to define why it appeals to me.

Appropos of nothing, I found a Chef Boy-R-Dee statuette at a thrift store years ago that's been serving as table scenery for miniatures games ever since. Stands about 40' tall in 28mm scale. I should really use it in a supers RPG game one of these days.

Never did stumble on a similar Big Boy statue, sadly.

The temptation to claim responsibility and apologize grows with every new page on that thread.

"It was me. I done it, and I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone would mind."

Last edited:

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, long story short, the multiversal cross-over place my mind is at after dropping the fan-fiction loving young one off at school this morning is:

So, Boromir says "One doesn't simply walk into Mordor."

I assume Mary and Bert take Frodo and Sam in on something akin to the carousel horses (some statues around Rivendell?).

My question is, at some point does she invite Gollum to ride in with them, and if so does he ride with her or Bert?

My question is, at some point does she invite Gollum to ride in with them, and if so does he ride with her or Bert?
If we're going that route, Gollum clearly rides with Bert, manages to corrupt him into lusting after the Ring during the trip and the two of them wind up wrestling each other into a lava dive while fighting over Precious. Poppins carries the Ringbearer, but probably has her own Galadriel Moment, which of course she passes. British nannies are made of sterner stuff than frolicking hippy tree-huggers.

I think I prefer leaving Mary out of things and having the whole remaining Fellowship make the journey with Eglantine's assistance. That bed's plenty big enough for a crowd and it'll give Legolas another chance to be awesome as he snipes the Nazgul combat air patrol over Mount Doom out of the sky. If Frodo looks like he's going to funk it at the end a few words from Browne will stiffen his spine right quick. Gollum can stay home altogether, he's been a Very Bad Boy.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
If we're going that route, Gollum clearly rides with Bert, manages to corrupt him into lusting after the Ring during the trip and the two of them wind up wrestling each other into a lava dive while fighting over Precious. Poppins carries the Ringbearer, but probably has her own Galadriel Moment, which of course she passes. British nannies are made of sterner stuff than frolicking hippy tree-huggers.

I think I prefer leaving Mary out of things and having the whole remaining Fellowship make the journey with Eglantine's assistance. That bed's plenty big enough for a crowd and it'll give Legolas another chance to be awesome as he snipes the Nazgul combat air patrol over Mount Doom out of the sky. If Frodo looks like he's going to funk it at the end a few words from Browne will stiffen his spine right quick. Gollum can stay home altogether, he's been a Very Bad Boy.

Got to Mary because we were on drafting order of multi-versal heroes. My top three were Mary Poppins, Spectre, and Bugs Bunny. And if I somehow managed to snag all three of those then Mr. Rogers.

Remove ads