• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

ichabod

Legned
I've had a couple who almost got their entire department's shared data crypto-locked. One was "retired" maybe 2 weeks later.
We had a guy at work who downloaded ransomware that locked the data for an entire federal agency. And that was really all of it, because we were not allowed to keep stuff on our personal machines. Everything had to be on the server. Thank god for daily backups. Well, except for the time they set my machine back six months.

Ryujin

Legend
We had a guy at work who downloaded ransomware that locked the data for an entire federal agency. And that was really all of it, because we were not allowed to keep stuff on our personal machines. Everything had to be on the server. Thank god for daily backups. Well, except for the time they set my machine back six months.
Several universities have been targets of ransomware attacks. One got hit just weeks before they were to host a huge conference of universities and had to scramble to recover in time. We haven't been hit, yet, but it's almost inevitable. Social engineering is a thing and, ultimately, people are involved in all aspects.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
I think so. I think YouTube sends you a special plaque.
And they’ve got a list of dentists who work with Alphabet insurance to apply it to your teeth.

But what about my cats? Do they love me? Or am I only a feeding-scratching-litter_cleaning_machine to them? :oops:
It seeems to vary a lot. Some cats seem to just really like the being taken care of part. Others clearly do love us and regard us as part of their pack or family. And all the spots in between.

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
IMG_8447.jpeg

Remove ads