• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
So, pineapple on pizza has the big advantage over anchovies in that its essence doesn't spread willy-nilly everywhere.

Three cheers for pineapple!

Warpiglet-7

Cry havoc! And let slip the pigs of war!
uh .... um .....

UVH8.gif

Okay. The long answer is, well, no. Not in the sense that you need a lot of things. I mean, is there really any point to having sails on boats anymore?

That said ... if you like to drive, I mean ... really like to drive, then there is no substitute. In terms of pure fun, they can't be beat. There are other collateral benefits that are small, such as cost to repair and weight, but generally a modern good automatic transmission will give you every thing in terms of performance and fuel efficiency that a manual will. And, of course, electric cars aren't really suited to manuals.

But if you like the feel of driving and being in control of of the vehicle, being "one with the car," then there is nothing like a stick. Also? Much better and easier when drifting, if you're into that. :)
As my GTI nears 100,000 miles and I shifted into 6th I was thinking I sure like the gti…but they are discontinuing the stick!!!! What am I going to drive when this car bites the dust?! WTH?!

Alas I may buy my second wrx because “fun”

That’s right, fun

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
As my GTI nears 100,000 miles and I shifted into 6th I was thinking I sure like the gti…but they are discontinuing the stick!!!! What am I going to drive when this car bites the dust?! WTH?!

Alas I may buy my second wrx because “fun”

That’s right, fun
I drive a Sportwagen. You're lucky, they at least still sell the GTI in the states. A non GTI or R Golf here now? Sorry, bucko, VW's got nothing for you.

Ryujin

Legend
How do some of you people find the time to post all the time? The best I can do is sporadically check the forums at work, but some people are up 24/7, adding 5 pages of posts to threads that are as long as essays, all throughout the day. Do you not sleep?
Can't speak for anyone else but I'm computer support and up at 5:30am North American Eastern Time, and most days I'm sitting in front of a computer while working from home. Days like today I'm up at 4:15am to get to work in downtown Toronto by 5:15am. One of my friends moved to the UK temporarily, for a couple of years, and did say he was amazed that any time he was online, I was.

Remove ads