• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my heat gun, next will be the foam and paints.

306815598_10160151944819764_7253718566209985421_n.jpg

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
I have
Got my heat gun, next will be the foam and paints.

306815598_10160151944819764_7253718566209985421_n.jpg

I haven't pulled the trigger on one of these yet, but I did get a hot wire cutting table for my birthday I have barely gotten to use because I got it right after a huge project I could have used it for. Sigh.

Last edited:

Janx

Hero
I did not comment on the thread about the thing that I don't care about. Because I don't care about the thing. And nobody cares what I think about the thing I don't care about.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I think "fruit" refers to the part of the plant that contains the seeds...so each ear of corn is a 'fruit' and the individual kernels are the seeds. Right?

So, technically in a botanical sense, each kernel is a simple fruit, called a caryopsis.

Plants like conifers (called "gymnosperms") produce a bare seed, possibly in an inedible protective structure. But in all the angiosperms, there's a fruit which is a seed, plus a fleshy "pericarp" which develops from the ovary wall and some other structures.

In a caryopsis (like pretty much all grasses) the pericarp is minimized, and fused to the seed wall. On a microscopic level the pericarp is still present, but it hardly matters, so we tend to just call the thing a "seed", even if that's technically inaccurate.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I did not comment on the thread about the thing that I don't care about. Because I don't care about the thing. And nobody cares what I think about the thing I don't care about.

I find it helps to enter a discussion figuring that, even if I do care about a thing, nobody else cares what I think about the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads