• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad_Jack

Legend
Also this is cool

I've always wanted to sing Valjean onstage. Unfortunately I can't sing, so, paraphrasing the line from Gone In 60 Seconds, I stay the hell out of musicals*...

And you were the one who barged in pontificating about the horrors of musicals. Speaking of which:

I resemble that remark...

42603dscn2649.jpg

(engage hell-and-damnation sermon voice)
Speak no ill of the Horror That Is Rocky, for many of us have fond memories of Ye Olde Late-Night Picture Show when it was properly aired in two-screen theaters and college lecture halls nationwide, usually alongside Heavy Metal, the Wall or a Ralph Bakshi animated film. That era is lost, devoured by mall cinemas and the triune evils of VCR tapes, DVDs and streaming services. But the faithful still remember. Remember doing the Time Warp. Again!
(disengage hell-and-damnation sermon voice)

Been to over 500 shows, seen it in 12 US states, performed in 10 (including at the national conventions), seen five different productions of the stage play, and met several of the actors from the movie...

rockytat1.jpg

Although to be fair, Hot Patootie is admittedly not the best number on the soundtrack and is light on really amusing callbacks. :)

There are very few callbacks during Hot Patootie, and only a short dance sequence, so the actor playing Eddie is largely required to keep the audience's attention solely through sheer stage presence alone...
Most consider Eddie to be a throwaway part because Hot Patootie is his only appearance in the film, but for those few minutes you have an opportunity as an actor to make that minor character one of the most memorable parts of the show.

* I only do the shadowcasting of the film, and would never disgrace an actual stage performance of the original play by auditioning for it.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
No joke. I knew a guy that tried to dry his wet gunpowder out in the oven. Oven flew through the front door.
And I thought I was an idiot for trying to dry a large glass jug on top of a gas range when I was in college.

Thing flew up to and crashed into the ceiling, raining shards of glass all over the kitchen. Left a perfect circle of glass on the range.

I don't even remember why I was in such a hurry to dry it out. It was a large jug of cider that I rinsed after it was empty. Apparently I needed it dry to put something else in it, though why I couldn't just wait for it to air dry, I have no idea.

But there is much I don't remember or can't explain about my first two years of college for reasons I would rather not post publicly. :)

Mad_Jack

Legend
But there is much I don't remember or can't explain about my first two years of college for reasons I would rather not post publicly. :)

Did those also happen to be your last two years of college? :p

(I wish I could blame my lack of a college degree on excessive partying, or my mental issues, or lack of money, but honestly, I was just an idiot.)

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
Did those also happen to be your last two years of college? :p

(I wish I could blame my lack of a college degree on excessive partying, or my mental issues, or lack of money, but honestly, I was just an idiot.)
Nah, I took a year off and grew the hell up. Growing up isn't always as fun, but if done right leads to fewer legal troubles and better career prospects.

I've always wanted to sing Valjean onstage. Unfortunately I can't sing, so, paraphrasing the line from Gone In 60 Seconds, I stay the hell out of musicals*...
My mom got me into musicals and so in senior year of high school, my class read the abridged version of the book and at the start of the year I asked "what if i already know it?" and we watched one of the stage productions, i think it was the 10th anniversary or some such. Joke: Les Mis is the story of a parole officer doing all he can to check on one of his cons.

or

Wolverine is being chased by Gladiator. Catwoman gets knocked up and goes to see Bellatrix Lestrange from Harry Potter and Borat. Then Wolverine agrees to raise Catwoman’s baby, and she grows up to star in Mamma Mia.-Hugh Jackman & Anne Hathaway on the plot of Les Miserables @ the 19th annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.

In one of the family photo albums is my mom's ticket from when she and my grandma went to go see Phantom of the Opera. So you can see why it's going to be bitter sweet to go see Wicked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads