• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The "I Didn't Comment in Another Thread" Thread

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
It is one thing when someone describes an approach to the game that is completely unfathomable to me and counter to how I understand the point of it but they are having fun, so. . . that's fine. 🤷‍♂️

But when someone describes an approach to the game that is completely unfathomable to me and counter to how I understand the point of it AND seems absolutely miserable about it. . . :unsure:o_O:rolleyes:
"Woe is me! I keep playing this game that makes me miserable, and nobody is doing anything about it!"

Thomas Shey

Legend
People in the hobby don't bat an eye about dropping $150 on a book or two for an RPG they might never play. It's not expensive to you because you regularly spend that kind of money on books you'll likely never use because you can afford to spend that money.

Neither of these is, in fact, correct in my case, so perhaps you can project that on someone else. You asked a question; I answered it. If you don't like the answer, that's on you.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
We randomly determined I was the first player, so I picked up the bowling ball right next to where we were standing and it said 8, so I asked for 8 shoes to match - and I can't even get them on my feet and the ball flies half way down the alley. Since my son was second I had him pick up the next ball and it said 16 and he got 16 shoes. They are so floppy on his feet and he can hardly move while he's holding the ball. This game is ridiculous!

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
We randomly determined I was the first player, so I picked up the bowling ball right next to where we were standing and it said 8, so I asked for 8 shoes to match - and I can't even get them on my feet and the ball flies half way down the alley. Since my son was second I had him pick up the next ball and it said 16 and he got 16 shoes. They are so floppy on his feet and he can hardly move while he's holding the ball. This game is ridiculous!
I was just thinking of a similar anecdote the other day.

Guy goes to see the new Batman movie at a local theater. Guy says, "was cold because they had the heat turned down, seat had no padding and was uncomfortable, and guy behind me kept coughing. Batman the movie sucks!"

CleverNickName

I'm just sayin', if size 13 works for me, it should work for everybody. Why is that so hard for you to understand?

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
I was just thinking of a similar anecdote the other day.

Guy goes to see the new Batman movie at a local theater. Guy says, "was cold because they had the heat turned down, seat had no padding and was uncomfortable, and guy behind me kept coughing. Batman the movie sucks!"

The product reviews about this on Amazon like this kill me.

1-star. The delivery person threw it over my fence into the swimming pool and I didn't find it for a week. The pages are all stuck together now. Worst book ever!

[Edit - not a real review... although I bet I could find plenty similar in spirit]

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
The product reviews about this on Amazon like this kill me.

1-star. The delivery person threw it over my fence into the swimming pool and I didn't find it for a week. The pages are all stuck together now. Worst book ever!
I saw one that made me laugh recently.

1-star. Cleaning stand instructions says not to be used for shooting stand. I tried to use it as shooting stand and it came apart.

CleverNickName

We need a 1 star amazon review thread.
They Will Come Rose Mciver GIF by CBS

Remove ads