• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunt for Gollum

Autumnal

Bruce Baugh, Writer of Fortune
My absolute favorite Serkis picture is an obscure UK slasher film called The Cottage. Serkis and Shearsmith absolutely elevate what would otherwise be little more than a bad, C-tier, horror movie to an absolutely enjoyable black comedy worth repeated viewings.
I also really like his performance as the psychopathic sergeant in the WW1 horror movie Deathwatch. He brings some great notes of black comedy before the whole thing goes all the way dark, and is genuinely terrifying as he comes completely unhinged.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So I assume they're recasting Aragorn? And... Gandalf?

I dunno. I thought Gollum was very well done in the LotR films, but he wasn't in the top list of things I enjoyed most about those movies.

MarkB

Legend
So I assume they're recasting Aragorn? And... Gandalf?

I dunno. I thought Gollum was very well done in the LotR films, but he wasn't in the top list of things I enjoyed most about those movies.
And how much more characterisation can they stuff in there, and still be consistent with the Gollums we see in The Hobbit and LotR? His journey doesn't exactly scream "transformative character arc".

Remove ads