• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunt for Gollum

Huh. Please no de-aged Viggo Mortensen and Sir Ian McKellan.

I have mixed feelings on this. I get why the Tolkien Estate is holding onto The Silmarillion adaptation rights, but I worry that we're going to see a continual strip-mining of LOTR and its appendices until we've got a Barliman Butterbur centric movie. On the other side, Serkis' performance as Gollum remains a high water mark for digital characters, over twenty years later.

MarkB

Legend
At the Council of Elrond, the Wise debate the news of Gollum's escape from the Misty Mountains, and the forces mobilised by the Enemy to pursue him. Ranger Ryan, having given the briefing, pores through the scrolls while the debate rages, until he finds something startling.

Ryan: "Son of a bitch... you son of a bitch!"

Stunned silence

Elrond: "You have something to contribute to these proceedings, Mr Ryan?"

Ryan: "Sir, I believe Smeagol intends to defect."

At the Council of Elrond, the Wise debate the news of Gollum's escape from the Misty Mountains, and the forces mobilised by the Enemy to pursue him. Ranger Ryan, having given the briefing, pores through the scrolls while the debate rages, until he finds something startling.

Stunned silence

10/10 would watch

Stunned silence

We need a a digitally resurrected Sean Connery to play Gollum. "My preshush."

Remove ads