• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Host: Help me stat the monster

Wolfspider

Explorer
I recently saw the South Korean film The Host on DVD, and I love the movie. It's a great monster movie. Anyone else here seen the film?

As fate would have it, I'm running an adventure set on a polluted river, and the monster from the movie would fit in great as some kind of mutated beast, perhaps the creation of an aboleth or similar nasty slimey thing. I figure it would be a Huge Abberation, but that's about it so far. I really don't have much experience statting up monsters for d20.

Anyone care to help me out?

Thanks!

Wolfspider

Explorer
A-ha! I found a creature that I can twist into the Gwoemel (the creature from The Host)--the Frogemoth in Tome of Horrors!

Replace the four tentacles with two claws and a tentacle...keep the tongue...maybe increase bite damage. Heh heh.

Oh, and if you haven't seen The Host, you should. It's a great monster movie, as I said, an an entertain film overall, if it is a bit strange. :)

Remove ads